Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried the local stores. Only Galyans carried the Weaver scope mount (part #8. The screws holes aligned perfectly, but the screws were too small. Found out that the screws for 1996 and below Mossberg 500's were different than the 1997 and above manufacture date.

I am looking for a Weaver flat top scope mount part number 417M. I did a google search and have come up empty. Please help me complete my tactical setup!

Thanks

G

·
Just use the mount that you have and drill it out to 11/64 and go to any gun smith (Gander Mout.) has one and get you the 8x40 screws that you need and you are in good shape. The heads of the 8x40 screws will be a little bigger but will not cause any problem.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Also the weaver #88 has the 6-48, you need an #88a for the 8-40tpi.
might be cheaper then haveing smith over bore those holes plus the new screws.
\Just a thought.

RON KONTOWSKY
ACTIONS BY R.A.K.

G

·
Just tried to do the same thing to mine and found that Weaver makes a 417m scope rail that fits mossberg guns after 97, the 590's, and the 835's! I too bought an 88 and figured out the screws were too small and was going to modify it by drilling out the holes but... why when I can go get a 417m.

Been lurking this forum for a long time and I finally have useable information to post! :D :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just bought a 417M base for my mossberg 500, I got it off ebay, it was new in the package and the total cost including shipping was only $10.50.

Just go to ebay and do a search for 417M and you should find anywhere up to 2 or 3 of them listed.

Michael Grace

1 - 6 of 6 Posts