Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a Ducks Unlimited banquet this year and ended being the high bidder in the silent auction for a weekend at Pintail Point, one day for a 20 bird upland hunt, lunch and a overnight stay at one of the bed and breakfeast on the grounds, and then a round of sporting clays for a party of 4.

Anyway, myself and 3 buddies are headed down this weekend, we'll be hunting on Saturday 12/15/07, after and early lunch, and shooting sporting clays on Sunday, 12/16/07 morning, I believe we hit the course at 9AM. I'm really looking forward to a weekend away, the wife isn't exactly thrilled, but I need a sanity break.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sounds like a great weekend. I would be very interested in hearing your impressions of Pintail Point-- the hunting and the sporting clays, and also the accomodations. I have been thinking going down there but haven't made it yet. I was thinking of maybe a weekend there with my wife - e.g. she could go to a spa while I shoot - but i dont know if she would be totally bored.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Newlyn,

I've shot Pintail a few times in the past, the place is top notch, this is my first time hunting and staying at one of their BB's. I have taken a tour down there before self guided with permission of course, the place is awesome. They thorw some very nice targets and they have a very Unique 5 stand, which is always fun. Not sure what the weather is going to bring this weekend but either way, it should be a great time.

It's worth the trip, it's about 100 miles from the Philly area, and it's an easy ride during the week and minus all the maryland shore traffic on the weekends in the summer.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
newlyn said:
I would be very interested in hearing your impressions of Pintail Point -- I was thinking of maybe a weekend there with my wife - e.g. she could go to a spa while I shoot - but i dont know if she would be totally bored.
Well, there is a pretty sizeable factory outlets mall less than 20 minutes drive from Pintail's front gate so, unless $hoppping bores her, you should be in good stead!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, mother nature wasn't so kind to us on Sunday, but we had areat time on Saturday, we got 19 out of the 20 birds stock, we did see all our birds, the bird we did not get , never offered a good shot before escaping over to private property. We then went shot a few rounds of 5 stand and it's a good thing we did because Saturday night into Sunday the weather got bad.

After all the actvities on Saturday, we went back to the House (we had the whole house to ourselves) got cleaned up, went over the the Scottish Pub and had an outstanding and I do mean outstanding dinner.

We would have loved to shoot a round or two on Sunday, but because of the weather we collected our cleaned and frozen birds and got an early start home.

The staff at Pintail Point was great, the accommodations and the food just as great.

I've been told to bid on the same package for next year.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We were shooting Huns, Chukars and Pheasant, the Pheasant flew great, the huns were awesome, they only stocked four and one of the Huns was the bird the flew over to private ground after being found and flushed for the third time. I'd actually like to shoot a few more huns, as I didn't get a chance to pull the trigger on one, they fly faster then chukars, they're just a little smaller then a chukar, and fly like little rockets. A few of the chukars went on a run, a couple of long runs actually before we got them up in the air for a shot.

They offer a Business person special, which is the package we had, 12 Chukars, 4 huns and 4 pheasant. Not bad for the money but you needs 4 guys. The guide and bird cleaning is included. You could add more birds at so much a bird.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts