Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went looking at guns today for a christmas present from my parents. They are helping off set the cost for me since i just graduated from college and have no money, pretty nice of them. I had been going back and forth between a 870 SuperMag and the Nova. I had shot a supernova a few times and really liked it. I shouldered both of the guns while there and ended up walking out with a brand new nova 12 gauge black w/ 26" barrel
I didnt get a recoil reducer yet, but i plan on getting a limbsaver for goose hunting next year... I dont really plan on shooting 3.5's anyways for the rest of this year... So anyways.. I hope that this gun will live up to what i have read on the forums.

And the forearm rattle is really not noticeable on this gun either so I am happy with that.

·
Registered
174 Posts
im in my freshman year of college and my mum also did a nice thing like this.

The 2 3/4 and and 3 are not that bad of recoil, a pad can dampen it up a bit, but the only thing you really need one for is the 3 1/2" which you said you wouldn't be shooting anyway. If you want after market purchases for it. Id reccomend a magazine extender, 10+1 is just plain fun. Or side mount for shells, Im pretty sure the three shell limit for fowl, doesnt include shells on the side, and the tacpoint makes loading a very easy process.

Also newer Benelli's have had most of the rattle fixed aslong as it was built in the last year and a half i believe?(response from benelli themselves)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i took out the nova this weekend for its first hunting outing. It took a few shots to get the swing right but after that i limited out for pheasants and didnt miss a shot after those first few. I am really happy with the gun and I am glad i chose a benelli

·
Registered
202 Posts
You will like it now, you will love it later. I agree that if you are going to shoot a BUNCH or 3.5 you will need a pad or reducer but if like me you only shoot one or two a season at toms then I would say used the money on shells. BTW Winchester Elite work great in a Nova.

Why I say you will love it later, wait till you drop it in the snow, the swamp, etc. Field stripping is a wonder of god with this gun!

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Congrats on your new Italian stallion. You will find this excellent slide action gun to be a masterful work of engineering and function.

Enjoy you new Nova for many many long years. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.