Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went there for the first time last Thursday. Was a pretty cool place. I walked in and one of the regulars immediately recognized that I had never been there before, I must have looked a bit lost haha. Anyway he came right up to me, was very helpfull and got me all squared away with my first round of trap. People seemed pretty cool also. Just wondering if anybody ever shoots there.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's in the town of West Chicago, but is confusing because West Chicago isn't the west side of chicago haha. Its out by naperville/warrenville area. North of it off Rt 59.

West Chicago Gun ClubWest Chicago Gun Club

30W319 W National
West Chicago, IL 60185
(630) 231-9862‎

· Registered
253 Posts
Actually, I'm very familiar with WC and drive through it several times a week. That said, I had no idea there was a gun club in town! I remember a rifle club on Rt. 38 east of County Farm, but that's all I knew of in the area.

Is the trap range at that address? Mapquest makes it look like a residential area.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does look like a residential address on google because its very close to some houses. Its actually a pretty big park with some baseball and soccer fields and stuff like that. The range is off in the corner. They have one trap station thats only trap, and a 2nd that is trap and skeet. Cool range, I just wish there was another trap station....im impatient haha.

· Registered
28 Posts
Tommyb--

West Chicago Gun Club is a nice place to shoot with great members; their only drawback is limited facilities! With only one each of trap & skeet fields and having a limitation on the hours they can host shooting, it's really tough sometimes to get multiple rounds in.
It's especially difficult on the skeet side due to the jogging/bike/walking path that the local residents take advantage of in nice weather: the club posts a spotter on the path and calls down via radio to stop shooting until the citizen passes. Really frustrating when a round of skeet can take 20-30 minutes!!
My son and I have resigned ourselves to cold weather visits to the club when the "traffic" is down and the skeet range is not slowed as much.
But again, nice people at WCG

JF

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm a new member of shotgunworld, even though Ive been reading this forum for a few years, Ive been a member of west Chicago gun club since 2007, Its a nice "little" place to shoot, we did recently installed a second trap machine (on the skeet field) so when skeet is limited, a second trap will be opened, If you would like more info just ask

· Registered
10 Posts
Cheeky-

The only requirement the club has is that you have a FOID card, if IL resident. It is a pretty small club, but they have every thing that you could want, trap from 16-27 yards, skeet, 5 stand, and when I was going they would do dove shot too. I would say the one negative about this club is that it is in a city park. The park is always busy with football, baseball, soccer, so you can't shoot till thier half of the park is clear. Also there is a bike path on the oppisite side, so when ever a biker/runner goes by all shooting has to stop. Some times it wont happen some times it feels like your pausing after every shot.

I know this is a older thread, but if you are still interested look them up at http://www.claytargetsonline.com/ When your at the site check out the Naperville club and Downers Grove (really in Morris). I just go to Naperville now, but would suggest all three.

Hope this helps, Have fun!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.