Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems the answers I'm getting with regular Google type searches have been getting dumber. I'm cleaning up an old 16 ga. pump shotgun. It has a unique double 'humpback' through which a locking lug fits into when in closed. (The cut is clean through the receiver) There is no model number or designation anywhere on the gun. The barrel is stamped 'Browning' (Belgium) Mod. choke. Just looking for general info and maybe some assembly pic's as I have a spring out of whack somewhere on the shell lifter. Any info or link to something would be appreciated.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Go the the Shotgunworld forum index and scroll down to the Browning Section. Ask your question there.

That forum has a couple of experts on Brownings who weigh in frequently and monitor the traffic. I'm sure you'll get an answer though you may be asked a couple of additinal questions.

Jim

·
Registered
536 Posts
You have a Stevens 520. This link to Numrich doesn't have a schematic but it does have a parts list. These are good old guns designed by none other than John Moses Browning. The carrier spring has a post that is mounted in a hole on the right side of the reciever. You can see the hole in the middle of the reciever where it joins the stock. Hope this helps. Good luck.

·
Registered
720 Posts
What he describes is the 520 savage.

It also should have a neet taken down feature, Turning the magizine should pull the yoke away from the front of the frame, then the barrel slides down enough to release the slide arm, the slide arm is then pulled all the way forward and the barrel will then slide free.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Chucker, Yours is, I believe, a model sold by Sears. Mine is marked Riverside and the choke marking is on the barrel ring just in front of the reciever on the left side (in fairly small letters).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.