Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nobody seems to be talking about the Super Sport. Wat do you think?? My brother has a AL391 and i hate the way it feels slow ejecting the shells. I'm used to my Broning Citori. I shoot alot of sporting clays and skeet, but also love goose and duck. Am i looking at the right/good gun?? Everyone talks about the SBEII at the gun club. Nothing of the Super Sport. Should i look somewhere else??? Thanks alot, R.F

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The Benelli Super Sport II is one of the best semi-auto shotguns I've used.

It is trim, the recoil reducing tricks work. I've not seen too many around. But, having shot one and knowing the few folks who do shoot them, I'd strongly consider it when my next gun comes in to view.

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
There`s two here. Go find one and shoot it. I`ll let the gun do the talking.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've shot 2 wood stocked version and liked them over my M1. When watching a guy shoot one last night it looked like it was really pounding him, but I took a couple shots with it and the recoil is more like a push instead of cracking you. I've only shot one SBEII with comfortech and can't comment much on it since I was shooting 1oz at 1080fps, which I was impressed that it ejected. I did like the soft comb, but worry that in a few years I'll look back at the gun and wonder what the hell I was thinking buying something that ugly! Sort of like looking back in amazement that orange shag carpeting was once "in". If I was to get one, I'd get the wood stocked SS since to me it would be more timeless.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Clarification:There is no SuperSport II, only the SuperSport and all SuperSports have the synthetic Comfortech stock. The same gun with the wood stock is called the Sport II. They share the same receiver and a choice of 28 or 30 in barrels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.