Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm down to 500 W209s and watching some websites every day when I take a quick break at my work computer.

You?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Watch vendor web sites. Ask fellow shooters. Ask local shotgun gun clubs. Use your friends network. Whatever it takes right now, because demand still exceeds production by quite a bit.

The only place that never fails me is my cabinet in which I stock piled shotgun primers, back in 2018. Just got in there today for another 1K sleeve.

good luck, garrisonjoe

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Havent needed to, I have lots. Probably will need to start seriously looking in the spring though.

BPI had cheddites for a week or more last month. PR had rios for at least 2 weeks up until the other day.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
For the club, we've been struggling, just buying whatever happens to pop up. We scored about 15000 Nobel Sports a couple of months ago. Problem was they were in 1000 count trays and nothing to keep them in the tray once they were taken out of the shipping box. They were/are a pain to deal with. They are all gone so we're just like the rest of you.......scrounging for whatever we can find.

·
Registered
21,759 Posts
I can remember when shooters would not load a Noble Sport primer to save their soul, now they snap them up like they are gold! I have 22k of them, they work really good with RD, promo, or GD. I quit using them when temps get below 20 degrees, and start back up using them in the spring. I use my Winchesters, and Federals in the cold weather.

cdb

·
Super Moderator
8,132 Posts
Many websites allow you to put items, including primers, on a wish list/backorder list of some sort. I have gotten primers using those lists.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Some people have had luck on Armslist but there seems to be a lot of price gouging when I’m just looking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
I hit the sporting good stores every week, sometimes I call first. I picked up 1200 in the last week. They are pretty rare, I noticed small rifle primers are in stock all over now and some powder. Seems like that’s a good sign.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
well,,, I'm waiting until i see ammo sitting on the shelves consistently and then i will start watching for primers again.
the factories will fill the back orders eventually, and then they will worry about releasing excess components, until then your not gonna see squat.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I check BP for Cheddite primers on a daily basis. Don't need any at present because I haven't even opened the last 5000 I got from them. However in another couple of weeks I'll be breaking that box open and will start watching for more and when I see them in stock I'll order another 5K.

·
Registered
21,759 Posts

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
I unlock my gun room, walk in, go to the primer storage area and take out what I need. I find them every time. Shotgun, Rifle and Pistol, Large and Small, regular, magnum and benchrest.

Bob

Reactions: df

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Stocked up when obummer was elected. Probably have enough to get me through this lifetime, and they were $30 per 1000 or less.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I unlock my gun room, walk in, go to the primer storage area and take out what I need. I find them every time. Shotgun, Rifle and Pistol, Large and Small, regular, magnum and benchrest.
Stocked up when obummer was elected. Probably have enough to get me through this lifetime, and they were $30 per 1000 or less.
+1. Learned my lesson the last big shortage.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I have several thousand all purchased this last year. The trouble is they are different brands. I have Fiocchi, Nobel, CCI209 and CCI209M and some Cheddits. I spend a lot of time trying to find the right combination of components that I have on hand.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have and use Win and Cheddite more than any other primer. I do have a decent amount of Rio that I’m not using because I stopped loading those…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
I find them at dog training suppliers ;)

I'm just getting back into the game since the 1980's and wow, things sure are different nowadays...
Gonna stock up on stuff big time soon as it becomes available again

1 - 20 of 52 Posts