Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to read up on clay sports. Looking for some intruction. I am having a 2 hour lesson with a competetive shooter/instructor but like to read in my spare time. Came across a bunch of books but don't want to spend $100+ on all of them.

Can any of you recommend any. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
20,446 Posts
An EXCELLENT book that explains all about trap, skeet, and sporting clays is "The Gun Digest Book of TRAP & SKEET SHOOTING" by Chris Christian. It explains all about the guns, chokes, loads, rules, techniques, etc. It's the best $20 you'll ever spend on learning about the clay shooting sports and shotguns.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I found The Complete Book of Shotgunning Games, by Tom Migdalski to be an excellent source of information. Lots of info on Trap and Skeet, a little less on Sporting Clays, but the book was a good read. I got a lot of useful information out of it.

G

·
I've always hunted with a shotgun but only joined a trap club 3 weeks ago. After 4 rounds I was in the high teens. This past Monday I picked up Chirs Christians book at the library and then went to the trap club on Wednesday and shot 24,23 & 23. I thought it gave some really good information on fundamentals such as stance balance and point of aim.

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.