Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They say the definition of insanity is doing things the same way, and expecting a different result. With that in mind, I'm wondering what changes ya'll are planing to make to your game for the coming year... Different gun, more practice, less practice, change the stock, change the ballance, faster ammo, new tubes... lessons... What think'ya?

bd

·
Registered
813 Posts
Have been transitioning for the last few months of last season.

Went to a 391 Teknys with adjustable comb for 12ga and Doubles.

Had an adjustable comb put on my XS Skeet.

Adjustable comb(to get my head up higher on the gun to gain better vision on both sides of the barrel)and it is more comfortable to me.

Have changed my hold points out a little further to not get beat by the bird.

Changed my foot position on H3, L5, L8.
Changed where I stand on the pad on H8.

Trying to cut down on amount of practice(but the skeet addiction is just too much at times :) )

Cutting down on tournaments from the last 2 years.

Will try and block everything out when I get on the pad to shoot(it is my time and no one elses).

Focus on each bird, one at a time.(I think this is the toughest thing to do).

Bottom line is to cut down on tournaments and get very serious with the one's that I attend.

Only goal for this season is my AA pin.

Wish everyone the best of luck this season and Hit them all...

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
Hoping to make about 10-12 tournments.
Use my primary gun 99% of the time.(I suck with my back up for some reason) I`m currently getting a annual on it by Ernest Marlette and my barrel with tubes is on the way back from briley.
I dropped my idea of a auto for doubles and 12 ga.
Get serious in practice which for me is so hard to do. Several of us shoot together and we do enjoy ourselves.
ENJOY MYSELF!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
To help make your practice more like tournament shooting conditions put a small wager on each round. NO competor wants to lose even a quarter and it WILL make you bear down and try harder, Mark.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Same old dog...new tricks.

I've finally (finally!) picked up on sustained lead instead of the pull-away method I've used since well back into the prior century. Not because I break regular targets better, but because it sets me up better for doubles.

Working on getting that firmly locked in.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
switching from o/u to sxs and down from 12 to 20. more practice. figure out my shell choice for the 20

·
Registered
813 Posts

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I think this year I will concentrate on mental concentration. I had been going to the range to practice Skeet, and how well I did varied by how I felt. I usually did better in matches than in some of my practices. Since I think I have an understanding of the basics, I'm going to work on the mental concentration for the duration of each shot. I found the same sort of thing in pistol shooting. I knew what it took to make a good shot, but did not always have the mental fortitude to execute what I knew I needed to do.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Changes:

- New gun
- More shells

- Training if funds allow. I shoot for fun and do pretty well. At this time, I'd rather dump the $400 or so for a good class on getting my gun fitted and flat after flat of shells. We'll see how the holiday bonus looks and go from there. :)

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm changing guns for the coming year. I'm tired of trying to get a gun that does not suit me, to shoot for me. I'm going Beretta...

I don't have much time to practice, and even less money... However, I'm feeling more comfortable, and less nervous with each shoot I attend. Having never had what I consider a good shoot, I'm hoping this year will be better than last... Which shouldn't be too hard! :shock: I managed to shoot my way down the alphabet this past year, so going the other way would be a welcome change. School remains my priority, and I only have 9 more exams until Christmas! January will be very, very difficult, but after that, I'm hoping things will finally level out at school, and I can get back to feeding my skeet addiction. :lol:

Best to all,
bd

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Practice more, play less. I got in a groove of a 25 every time I went out for about a month and a half in the summer, then poof! None since August.

Watch the Bender video until my wife banishes the DVD player to the garage.

bel_dad, congrats on 3000 posts!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts