Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I go with the full choke. It just seems to get off a better shot myself. However, I do occasionally switch to Modified at times. My shot seems a little bit better with full though.

·
Registered
I lost them all in a boating accident.
17,977 Posts
Full all the way.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
At 16 yards, anything Modified or tighter will work just fine. I have three dedicated trap guns that range from IM to XF. If I dabble with one of my skeet or field guns on the trap range, I'll use M.

·
Registered
235 Posts
modified or full. (i dont have IM otherwise i'd use it). anything modified or tighter and youll be fine.

·
Registered
16,301 Posts
None. I mostly use a .754 bore with a .0335 choke for all trap. nothing like a puff of black dust floating away in the breeze. :wink:

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
Bottom Barrel of my 101 O/U Trap is IM and the the 101 Top Single with choke tubes I have has the IM in it too!

BP

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks you guys. I've been using Modified. Why? Because that was what was in the bottom barrel. I just switched it to IM so wish me luck... :wink:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good Luck!

Modified to Improved Modified is only .005" more choke constriction so I doubt you'll notice a dramatic difference? It will however have longer term benifits that may or may not be immediatly apparent.

John C. Saubak

·
Super Moderator
2,409 Posts
At various times I have shot Mod sometimes, ImpMod most of the time and Full sometimes for singles. I have shot 100/100 with both Mod and IM, but not yet with Full. However, over time, my scores show a slightly higher average with Full, so I think that's what I'm going to stick with.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tal/IL said:
At various times I have shot Mod sometimes, ImpMod most of the time and Full sometimes for singles. I have shot 100/100 with both Mod and IM, but not yet with Full. However, over time, my scores show a slightly higher average with Full, so I think that's what I'm going to stick with.
100/100 is awesome. Since switching to IM, I've been getting a consistent 19/25. I hope to just get 25/25 one day...

·
Registered
16,301 Posts
Expect it when you least expect it. My first one came on a 500x 500 squad.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Driller makes a good point. When shooting with the best shooters you tend to shoot your own best scores. Maybe because you try a little harder to keep up with the competition.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts