Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
3,752 Posts
At 16 yards, anything Modified or tighter will work just fine. I have three dedicated trap guns that range from IM to XF. If I dabble with one of my skeet or field guns on the trap range, I'll use M.

· Super Moderator
2,505 Posts
At various times I have shot Mod sometimes, ImpMod most of the time and Full sometimes for singles. I have shot 100/100 with both Mod and IM, but not yet with Full. However, over time, my scores show a slightly higher average with Full, so I think that's what I'm going to stick with.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tal/IL said:
At various times I have shot Mod sometimes, ImpMod most of the time and Full sometimes for singles. I have shot 100/100 with both Mod and IM, but not yet with Full. However, over time, my scores show a slightly higher average with Full, so I think that's what I'm going to stick with.
100/100 is awesome. Since switching to IM, I've been getting a consistent 19/25. I hope to just get 25/25 one day...

· Registered
384 Posts
Driller makes a good point. When shooting with the best shooters you tend to shoot your own best scores. Maybe because you try a little harder to keep up with the competition.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.