Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
23,334 Posts
You start in D class, and I think 65 on Jan 1 makes you a super Vet, and 55 makes you a Vet.. Those are the concurrent classes, I am sure about the starting in D class, but not about the ages.
You would start in a higher class if you are known to have a higher ability, such as being an AA shooter in the skeet or trap organizations.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
jwmhunt said:
If I join Sporting Clay Asso. NSCA and start shooting register shoots what class would I start in?
Like the others have stated, you would start in D. If you feel you are more suited to a higher class, you can declare up to any class except Master which has to be earned.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I'm not sure that there is a big need for a super senior vet class. In my area, ladies make up about 5% of shooters, vet is 35% and super vet is 10%. Juniors and sub-juniors aren't very commom at the local registered shoots I attend. Everyone under 55 makes up the other 50%.

It kind of concerns me that we're not getting a lot of younger shooters and that the average age is probably around 50.

What are you guys seeing at your shoots?

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Bustin clay, we see about the same thing around here in Georgia. However, I don't think it has changed much in 40 years of skeet and sporting clays shooting. We have a lot of programs to appeal to the youth, and we do well at that, but as soon as their montery support drops off, the youngsters disappear. We hope they reappear in their 40s when they start to have some money of their own to use. When the idea of a Senior Super Veteran was mentioned, the club representatives were not enthused about it as it would mean another concurrent to support with very little participation. Might work at the Nationals, Zones, US Open and state shoots, but probably not locally.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I read the rule but it seems a little odd to me. Please correct me if I am wrong. If you are a A class skeet shooter then you will be in B class in Sporting but if you are a B class in skeet then you will be in the D sporting class. Is this correct?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts