Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has been wanting to move out of the desert and we have been looking for some nice areas to visit, eventually hoping to find somewhere else to settle down the road. Naturally I have been looking up shooting clubs and public ranges as part of my early research.

It's starting to look like I'm blessed with cheap shooting where I am now. I have two public facilities with large sporting clays courses. One costs $0.24 per target with no membership fees, and the other costs $0.20 per target with a yearly family membership fee of $110. Trap and skeet are about $5.00 per round.

I'm seeing a much higher pricing structure with other facilities around the country. Most are offering sporting clays for $35 per round, with many of the clubs also charging a monthly membership. Trap and skeet are basically the same $5/round everywhere.

Am I accidentally looking at the expensive clubs? Or have I just been blessed with exceptionally cheap shooting in my area? Because an extra $15 per round (plus membership fees) for two people shooting every weekend will definitely add up.

·
Registered
12,905 Posts
$30/100 at my club in Kansas City. Trap and skeet are $6 ea

·
Registered
27,021 Posts
Around here it is 45+ for non members and 32+ for clubs that have memberships. Memberships can run between $75 and $7500/year (last one is a private club)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Here in Wisconsin we are around $28 to $45 for 100, depends on where you are going. Most clubs are really affordable, trap and skeet are in line at like $4 to $8 bucks a round.

Most registered shoots in Wisconsin are around $60 to $90 and that will usually include a 5 stand. Fitasc is still around a buck or so per target.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Well there is only one problem with this

I also shoot at Rio and we are blessed. And because of the reasonable prices, I shoot more and spend more money. Maybe higher priced places need to get a hint.
Six years ago at the club I ran 29c was BELOW my costs and I would have gone out of business

Prices will vary according to locations

·
Registered
360 Posts
Public course: $7 for 25 clays at trap or skeet, exclusive of ammo and gun rental. $40 for a round of sporting clays (100 clays). Cart is about $25 or $30.

Non-private but fancy pants course: $10 for 25 clays or $55 for a round of sporting clays. $50 for a cart. $50 for a gun. $11 for box of shells....that's if you are a member ($175/year). Non members pay $15 for 25 clays of trap/skeet or $80 for sporting clays.

Not an inexpensive sport. I quickly learned not to buy ammo at the course.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Prices vary. For profit clubs differ with membership costs. Many volunteer clubs have very high initiation/dues and work day or committee requirements per year. $34 a 100 sporting best I can do with a $125 yearly membership. Membership gets me 15% discount in the shop on everything but guns and other items.

·
Registered
27,021 Posts
And with for profit clubs, it also depends on whether they own their land or lease it - that can be a major added cost.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
There are two clubs in my area - one for sporting clays ($25 per 100, 6 round punch card for $150, annual membership fee of $40), and one for trap and skeet ($4 per round, $50 annual membership fee).

Colorado Parks and Wildlife is planning to build a large multi-sport shooting facility near where I live (similar to the Ben Avery Shooting Facility near Phoenix or Clark County Shooting Complex near Las Vegas), but it hasn't happened yet and there's no telling what the fees will be.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.