Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a good gun that will be used mostly for coyotes, fox, and rabbit. I'm wanting to get a semi-auto and somthing thats not too heavy since I walk long distances with my gun. I would like to find it under $900.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Give a look to the beretta 3901 12. It has a shim system. You are big enough to handle a 12. You can buy it new and still have some money left over for shells, targets and maybe a lesson or two..

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
A 10/22 perhaps? I've got a 10/22, and have shot some SKS that would also do well if you're not going to be eating the rabbits.

BT

·
Registered
48 Posts
Winchester SX3 in Field, Classic Field, or Composite. I'm 15, 5'11", and I have the Field Model. Weighs in at 7lbs. even for my 28" barrel 3" chamer. The 26" barreled version is even lighter at 6lbs. 12oz.

MSRP is around $1000 but most shops have them for $799 if you look around. Better gun than a Remington 11-87 or 1100. The Remington's carrier release button is located on the shell feeding ramp on the bottom of the gun, as apposed to the Winchester's carrier release button which is on the side like a Benelli. Faster reloading times can be accomplished.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Look into the Stoger M2000. Its a little cheaper about 450-500 but it works good and i havn't ever had a problem with it. I have the older model and the new ones are suppose to be nicer. This way you can save a little money too.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I first, I would suggest reposting this same questionn in the shotgun or gun opionion forums. Now heres the rest of my 2 cents, first you have to ask yourself how many shells am I going to put through this thing a year 500-1000 or are you going to be shooting tens of thousands of rounds through this thing. The reason I ask is because you really get what you pay for, so the higher volume of shells the more you want to spend on the gun. I mention this because you may decide you want to shoot trap and if you do you want a gun that can withstand field and line. Now your price range is pretty high, I suggest looking at used guns like maybe a high quality berreta, I know bennilli has one out called the black eagle or the super eagle. In the 700-800 range there are tons of great semi autos, ask some folks at the local gun store, and if you are just using this for hunting and light clays, i would really suggest remington 1100 they are not expensive and time has proven them to be a really reliable gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.