Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
I haven't been able to get to Hunters Pointe yet so not sure. The surrounding community and the town of Washington lost power until today. They are slowly getting power back but the roads in the area are still flooded. It's hard to get around anywhere at the moment. I'm hearing the water is still rising and will not crest until late in the week or the weekend. I just got power back a few hours ago.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Lauren at Back Woods Quail told me that the 5-Stand structure was blown over an destroyed. They are now rebuilding it. They also had a lot of tree damage, but minimal damage to equipment.

She said they plan to open back up this Wednesday.

Demi

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm sure Chuck F. from Deep River Sporting Clays just outside Sanford NC will chime in on the condition of their facility. Their webpage only mentions the cancellation of the Southern SxS.

·
Registered
272 Posts
lt0026 said:
Deep River had the Fun Shoot Saturday!!!!
I wonder how many people if any shot the event due to the storm?? I had tickets to the UNC/VT game and did not go for I did not want to be in the monsoon type of rain for the entire afternoon.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
A while back Ellie and I showed up to a local registered tournament and shot in a downpour.

Found out later I was HOA and she was HOA RU. Only two registered shooters were listed. Later the same results were published in the NSCA magazine. What a hoot!

Demi

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I shot at Deep River Both Sunday and Today. The entire course is open, it is not muddy and there are great target presentations on all 13 stations.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hunter's Pointe is open.

We had substantial damage to the bridge at end of road and the **** at the gate coming into the gun club. We have power back and are in the process of the cleanup around course and club house. Road work is being done today at the bridge. The road is passable to club.

Look forward to seeing everyone for our final NC circuit shoot of the year on October 29th.

Thanks for all the calls and concerns.

Mike Oliver
Hunter's Pointe Sporting Clays
252-975-2529 range
252-813-6032 cell

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.