Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
5,270 Posts
I've been there and tried that. I'll sum my experiences and observations by saying this: there are very few shooters who can make 2 guns work at the same time (auto/o.u). Those who do shoot a lot of practice with both and at least one told me that she loves to shoot her Beretta auto but she does think it hurts her when she goes back to the Kolar for the other guns. Do you have the time and money to practice enough with both guns? Are you willing to take a slight improvement (if any) in your 12 and doubles scores to the detriment of your 20, 28, and 410 scores? These are questions you must answer and for these and the reasons noted by Mr. Marcum above I put down the auto and am a one-gun guy once again. Two other shooters from Utah recently made that decision as well. FWIW. Keep us informed!

· Premium Member
5,270 Posts
And let us not forget that eiderz just broke 1250/1250 in the 12 gauge event this year shooting the yellow bullets. Notice also that he shot 1099/1100 in the 20 event. Notice also that he ties for High Average Leader with Mike Schmidt in the 12, wins it outright in the 20, and also takes the HOA and HAA awards for the year. I don't think there's any need to shoot a 12 for 12 or doubles.

· Premium Member
5,270 Posts
cbxchris said:
Oh no....you positively have that wrong. I`m just the run of the mill A/B shooter. Just felt I was leaving something at the plate by using a 20 ga.
As long as you feel this way, you must experiment, as eiderz taught above. Once you know you are leaving nothing on the table with the 20, then you have reached enlightenment!

:D

Have fun experimenting! I did and I'm glad I did it. There is nothing more important for the success of your game than absolute confidence in you, your methods and your equipment. You are on the path to enlightenment. Keep on!

· Premium Member
5,270 Posts
bd--See the two posts immediately prior to mine for explanation of my "that's my story" comment. Also, it's the name of a country song from a few years back. Don't know who sang it, but it's a good one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.