Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crime is way up in my area. I posses a GA concealed carry permit, but when my fellow citizens see my shoulder holster they get a little tense. Does anyone have ideas on a nice comfortable inside the waistband holster?
My pistol is a medium framed 9 mm Beretta model 92 SB with a 4.5 inch barrel.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I'm happy with my Aliengear cloak tuck. I carry a Shield though. Tiny compared to a 92.

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
I have tried many different holsters and have come to find that anything with heavy leather which covers the slide and grip to past the trigger guard where it contact s my body is what I prefer. These can be expensive but the most cost effective I have found are made by Sideguard Holsters. I have been very happy with mine for well over a decade and they have holsters for about anything imaginable.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 for IWB, JM Kydex for OWB.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I imagine GA gets a bit warm for a heavy cover garment. In the next few months here in IA I'll be able to smuggle a litter if German shepherd puppies under my coat and no one will notice.

I have two Clinger holster on order for my Walther P99C (Atom and a No-print wonder). I'll have to let you know how they work; they should be here next week. I like the design idea of the tabs on the No Print Wonder. It should keep the gun in tight without the large area of leather that the Crossbreed style holsters have. Many people like this style and it can be very comfortable. I just wanted something that didn't cover that much area; I sweat enough as it is in the summer. I thought the Atom would make a handy item for when I would be spending a long time in a vehicle and would want to slip it on and off for the trip, but the belt clip is set far enough back to pull the butt in tight. ---I have not used the Crossbreed, so I can't say for sure on the heat thing, just makes me nervous by the looks. I have a buddy who likes his, I'm fatter than him though.

That brings up another point, you may need some new pants if you switch to IWB carry, the gun will add a couple inches to your waste line.

https://clingerholsters.com/

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I personally don't care for IWB holsters. I think they're a pain for all day carry. I much prefer OWB, and wear a pocket tee tucked in with a button up the front shirt (usually unbuttoned unless it's windy) to cover the gun/holster and spare mag(s).

http://www.galcogunleather.com/concealable-belt-holster_8_4_1064.html

And yes, I also prefer a 1911, cocked and locked. Guess it's all that USPSA stuff I used to do.

·
Registered
21,764 Posts
I use a Crossbreed super tuck for my Glock 43 9mm with a crimson trace laser.

cdb

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
For a Glock 26 with a Crimson Trace Laser Guard I have a Crossbreed Supertuck. This has horse hide leather against my body and a kydex shell. It is very comfortable. For my Ruger LCR I have a White Hat Holsters Microtuck, again with horse hide leather and a Kydex shell. I also have a White Hat Holsters Microtuck for a plain Jane Glock 19.

Between the two I like the White Hat just a little more, I can change the Kydex shell piece simply by removing some screws. The Crossbreed is also a very well made holster but the Kydex is riveted in place.

Whatever you end up with if you have the option of a "Combat Cut" I would recommend it. This will allow for a better grip right out of the holster. When I ordered the Crossbreed I did not choose this option, and I regretted it, eventually I cut away some of the leather to afford me the better grip.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I forgot to tell you to get a good belt: a heavy 'gun belt'. The thin crup they sell in most stores won't cut it. A good 1.5 inch reinforced leather job will do it. They aren't cheap, and will take a bit of getting used to as they will be quite stiff to start out.

I'll second the outside waistband carry being more comfortable. It's what I did most of the time when I was younger and my only handgun was a Berea 380 in a Mike's pancake. Ya, not the greatest, but I was a poor recent college grad with a sucky job. I moved up to a Miami Classic shoulder rig and a CZ 75 later. That got annoying to hide and stay cool during the summers. Mostly I pocket carry in a Galco pocket holster now. The Walther p99c in some cases or a Ruger LC9 in others.

·
Registered
16,301 Posts
Sunday "go to meeting"calls for the IWB clip on with the little Kahr CM-9. Everyday wear is a nice paddle holster with a Sig 229 in .357 Sig worn at 4 o'clock.

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
I use a Blackhawk Serpa retention holster. Not only for the usual security reasons, but because I carry a full size steel 1911 that has a lot of inertia which can cause it to bounce out during vigorous activities.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My wife and I both use Mitch Rosen holsters...both the 5JR model...she carries a Springfield XDs 45, mine is a Glock 36.

For several years I carried a 1911 in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 holster...also an excellent holster, for inside the waistband.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the ideas, guys. I am going to try an outside waistband holster. There not much room inside my waistband and I doubt an inside holster would fit comfortably while sitting or driving.
I'll update the thread when I have something to report.

:wink:

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
For IWB I like the N82. https://www.n82tactical.com/products/holsters/ It's very comfortable with its multi layer construction. You can wear it on your strong hand hip or cross draw appendix.

For OWB I like the Safariland GLS Pro Fit. http://www.safariland.com/products/hols ... -holsters/

I usually don't carry on my person while in the car. Drawing is a lot slower and harder with a seat belt wrapped around my waist. I usually have it out and under my legs on the floor boards in a little bag that's un zipped ready to go or on the passengers seat.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts