Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay this has been asked many times, but really what kind of gun do you shoot O/U, auto, single shot, pump, SxS? What brand? Any modifications do you have, what do you use it for, what choke do you use? All that stuff.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
GGGAAAAAAAHHH do you ppl ever read my posts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
OK, I'll speak for my wife :)

She uses a Remington 1100 sporting 28. Favorite choke is a Briley modified. Uses Estate target loads #9. Getting better every day but hates to pick up the hulls. Thomas

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well I use a Savage model 444b Deluxe 20ga O/U. for just about eveything. I hope to get a new SxS down the road I am not sure which one though. I really like the Beretta 470 sliver hawk or the Browning BSS I dunno which.

:twisted:

·
Registered
305 Posts
If Canope can speak for his wife, then I can speak for my girlfriend ... :D

She uses a Benelli Montefeltro Short Stock 20ga, with 26" bbl and a modified choke for trap. She has only used it a couple of times, and is experimenting with ammo. She, too, is getting better every day ... but she could care less about picking up the hulls ... she mutters something about me paying for the shells and me not reloading (but it is only because she won't buy me a reloader)! Anyhow, we both hope to shoot some other games in the very near future.

G

·
For trap: Browning 12 ga. Special Trap, 32" barrel O/U, adjustable comb, with a little cast-on for a leftie, Briley Modified choke in the top barrel and either a full or I/M choke in the bottom barrel. This gun has won me a State Lady Singles and Western Zone Lady Singles and 5th place in a Western Zone open Handicap, so it works just fine...

For Sporting Clays and skeet: Browning 12 ga. 802ES O/U with set of extended choke tubes, chokes vary depending on what I'm shooting...

For turkey: Browning Gold NWTF Ultimate Turkey 24" barrel 12 ga. 3 1/2" in Mossy Oak Break Up with Tru Glo fiber optic turkey sights. Replaced the hooded rear sight with regular style sight.

For general hunting: Browning BPS 3" pump 12 ga., Browning Citori 20 ga O/U Light Grade Elite, Browning .410 White Lightning O/U. Also shoot 3 muzzleloaders (two flintlocks, both .50 cal one T/C and the other a handmade Leman reproduction; one .54 cal T/C caplock) Winchester 1895 Hi grade in 30-06, and Winchester model 94 in 30.30

Carry gun is a 9mm Taurus Millennium.

More guns than that but these the frequently used.

Can't ever have too many guns. And as you can see, I love my Brownings.

rajaniblue

G

·
I use a Beretta 686 whitewing 12GA. o/u for sporting clays (and get beat up too), When I use this gun I have to use AA feather loads. Also Browning Ladies Gold Sporting Clay for sporting clays and I use it for trap.

:p

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm didn't know browning quit making it. I have the mens verson it fit me better (with a kick eez pad and an adjustable comb). Be careful with the gold the link pin in mine broke, so i went to a break open gun (the darkside). But i know a lot of people that swear by browning golds so who knows maybe mines just cursed.

By the way, Michelle thanks for coming to SGW nice to see women in the sport that care about other women.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts