Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Remington 870 Express Super Magnum mostly, and occasionally a Wingmaster, an 1100, or a Mossberg 500.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Citori Trap Combo (now) and backup XT Trap O/U both brownings

·
Registered
541 Posts
Winchester super X-1 trap and a Browning Superposed trap

·
2,389 Posts
Singles and Handicap - Browning BT-99
Doubles - Huglu U4 Trap

G

·
Winchester model 1912, not one of those modern new fangled model 12's :) but the original, built in 1915 with a fully choked 32" barrel. Using light loads since I am scared to put anything else through it, it smokes em!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Winchester Supreme Select Sporting O/U and a Winchester Super X-1 trap semi-auto.

-- Sam

·
Registered
11 Posts
I shoot a Browning BT100 for all singles events. I have modified the gun to fit me better by adding a Jones adjuster and adjustable comb. Prior to owning a true trap gun I used a Remington 870 express with fair success and could never understand why a real trap gun costs so much more than a field grade pump. Now that I own a decent trap gun my average has improved 1 to 3 birds per round but the extra weight this gun has makes it more comfortable to shoot and it also swings smoother than a relatively light field gun. The high rib also makes target acquisition easier than a field type sight system. With the field type sights I would have to blot out the target and with the trap sights I shoot slightly under the target and as such never lose sight of it. The extra length of the trap barrel also improves sighting, lead and swing accuracies.

G

·
Started with a 870 hunting model and then was loaned a 870 trap, then my grandfather was nice enough to let me use his old citori hunting 12ga.

From there I went to a citori trap grade V, and along the line played with a BT-99 for awhile that I could never really shoot as well. I also played with a BPS trap for awhile too, it was nice as well, but I went back to the citori.

After that I had a perazzi mx3 special combo fit to me at the grand american and have not even thought about getting another trap gun since. However while the Perazzi is a great gun, I contribute that more to the fact that it fits me perfectly.

·
Registered
91 Posts
A 34" BT99 also modified to fit me for for singles and handicap and a Superposed for doubles, conintental, and bunker. However I just picked up an SKB 500 w/ fixed full/ mod to try this winter at conintental, because I have trouble getting under the low straight aways and I'm hoping a flatter shooting gun will help out.

Last winter I pasted :oops: the brand new roof on trap #2 at the Boeing trap and skeet fields because I missed three low straightaways in a row and was trying to get under that one and obivously over did it, or should I say under did it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts