Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I'd like to say hello to everybody. I'm new to this site. I am an avid gun lover, but my heart belongs to the shotgun. About sixteen years ago I traded a ruger 10/22 rifle for a Ithaca shotgun from a friend (one who's heart belonged to the rifle). It was a 12 ***** autoloader that had a recoiling vent rib barrel, it had a hunting scene on the sides of the action of a dog flushing a pheasant inlaid with gold. I've been searching the internet trying to find out what model it was in hopes of tracking down one in good shape. It may have been a model 51 featherlight but I have been unable to find a picture of one that looked like mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unfortunatly I don't have it anymore, worst mistake I ever made was selling that gun. I hope to find another. thanks for the reply

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for my ignorance, but I just did a little research on the XL900 and have noticed that it is gas operated, is gas and a recoiling barrel the same thing

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
No! Gas operated gun have stationary barrels. Long recoils have a sliding barrel. Ithaca imported both actions in the SKB 900 series. I have several of these fine, reliable guns. Got my first when they first started importing them. It is probably 40-45 years old. Still working fine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what might I expect to pay for one of the long recoiling versions. I absolutly loved that gun, as a fifteen year old I must have put a thousand rounds through it inside of a years time and never cleaned it ( I was young and irresponsible, only interested in making it go boom.) Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I see them infrequently for around $350 or thereabouts. They have the gold colored engraving on the receiver. The gas jobs had silver colored engraving. I think I have 2 or 3 of them. I had one in black, the 300 model but a friend wanted it so bad that he traded me a Remmy 11-87 for it. They are really hard to find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts