Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, let's say I want a new shotgun that will only be used for slugs. let's say we want the ultimate slug shooter. For sake of arguement, let's also say cost will not be an issue. What would you recommend for this set up. . . . ? Gauge, gun, scope or not, rifled barrel or not, etc. I'm considering this purchase and really want some input.

Good shootin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very sweet! Now, that's what I'm talkin' bout! Thanks much. I'm sending for some info on them. I do not want anything ported though, so hoping they will make an exception and just bypass the porting machine. I am assuming 20 ga. because it has better longer range ballistics? I already have a Benelli M1 tactical for use with Dixie slugs at close range stuff that is bigger than me. Would like an accurate slugger for better precision.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
DJWright said:
Very sweet! Now, that's what I'm talkin' bout! Thanks much. I'm sending for some info on them. I do not want anything ported though, so hoping they will make an exception and just bypass the porting machine. I am assuming 20 ga. because it has better longer range ballistics? I already have a Benelli M1 tactical for use with Dixie slugs at close range stuff that is bigger than me. Would like an accurate slugger for better precision.
I own, and shot, the 20ga. The porting on that model is not really an issue. I would compare the report to being about 90% of a standard 12ga report.

JC

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
DJWright said:
I am assuming 20 ga. because it has better longer range ballistics?
I'm not sure this assumption is correct.

Up to a certain range, I'm with you, but past that range, and if you're gun shoots the 12 g high speed sabot stuff well, the 12g surpasses the 20g.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts