Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've just found a new (never used) 9000g in 28 ga. At $325, I'm happy with the price, but obviously some changes have been made to the 9000gn. I'm assuming the g model is perfectly functional as it is, but are there any items I should change before I start using it? I know about the PC powder baffle, but what about the reloader itself? TIA,

Martin

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
You might want to check the crimp starter.
My new 9000 came with a 6 point.
Still trying to figure that one out. :roll:
Regards, Pete

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
The 9000G is the older reloader with the old style chain feed on the primer drop. The 9000GN has the new style primer feed on it.

Both will work just fine if they are set up properly, with the edge going to the newer GN model. Make sure you have both the 6 AND 8 point crimp starters.

You should be good to go. You don't need to buy anything else for the reloader to work.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I must be behind the times or something, but I've never seen a 28-gauge shell that didn't have a six-point crimp.

Dan

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
You're right, I skipped right over the part about it being a 28 ga. reloader. :oops:

As far as the 6 point crimp goes, I think it was BP that commented that he has seen some 5 point crimps in the 28 ga.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
If you don't already have them, please get a set of beam balance scales. Hope this helps, Mike. Almost forgot to add, I don't believe I've ever seen an 8 segement crimp on a 28 ga. shell, but I learn everyday there is something else I don't know. Again, hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts