Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a Remington Sportsman-48 20 ga. :D and it has a fixed choke but i dont know what it is, can I determine this on my own? Or do I have to take it to a gunsmith?
-Thanks

·
Registered
443 Posts
post the numbers/letters on the side of the barrel next to the receiver and im sure someone can help you with it!
Jeff

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
The only to know the measurements of your barrel is to measure the muzzle and the bore proper. You can do this yourself, but you need a tool that is a little on the expensive side.

The alternative is determining the performance of your choke. To do this, pattern the gun at 40 yards and compare your percentages to the standard charts (70% - Full, 60% = Mod, etc). Keep in mind that you'll need to get at least a five shot average (ten shots would be better) and that every time you change the load, you might get some drastically different results.

Frank

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hahaha guess I should have looked at the barrel like 00Mod said, right there next to 20 ga. 2 3/4 in. it has MOD. stamped clear as day :lol: guess I should pay more attention to detail. Thanks for the advice tho guys

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
Unless a gunsmith reamed it it shoulf be stamped on the barrel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts