Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is up with this crap!!! What is the reason for no bowl games on Sunday so not to disturb the last day of the NFL (garbage see T.O) all of the playoffs have been decided for the most part. Stupid.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Yahoooooooooo.I hate all football, professional especially, Bunch of overpaid, overweight, ego spouting clods. Maybe, just maybe, they might put something interesting on TV in its place.

To me professional sports are in the same league as daytime soap opera's. Thats why I don't watch TV anymore.

End of my rant. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
Booo on EyeMissum.... BBBOooooo!!! ;)

I'm not too big a fan of college football myself but when my Chicago Bears are on, watch out! :D

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
SShooterZ said:
Booo on EyeMissum.... BBBOooooo!!! ;)

I'm not too big a fan of college football myself but when my Chicago Bears are on, watch out! :D
Da Bears are back!

(Disclaimer: I'm originally from St. Louis, so I started out as a football Cardinals fan until they skipped town to Phoenix. I adopted the Rams when they moved to St. Louis, but Da Bears have always had a special place in my heart too.

Now the sCrUBs are a different matter entirely. My three favorite baseball teams are the Cards, the ChiSox, and whoever is playing the Cubs)

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
This makes it 2 to 2, if it were up to me--or relied on me, the professional players couldn't afford a condemed house in New Orleans. How do a bunch of druggies/murderers/rapists/dealers keep on making X$Million a year, and put up on top of the totem pole-----because people keep paying to watch it.

Would suit me if every football/baseball/basketball game was only available on PPV.

And yes, I played it all the way to my Senior year, got fed up with the politics and said.........Cya.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Thank yooooooooou, Steve,

At least I'm not the only one out there that feels the same way.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
EyeMissum said:
Yahoooooooooo.I hate all football, professional especially, Bunch of overpaid, overweight, ego spouting clods. Maybe, just maybe, they might put something interesting on TV in its place.

To me professional sports are in the same league as daytime soap opera's. Thats why I don't watch TV anymore.

End of my rant. :lol:
same here. i'd rather watch golf then football, and i don't like golf at all either.

the only sport i'll watch is basketball - but only if the spurs are in the playoffs. if not, i have no interest whatsoever.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Television has sucked since the end of American Sportsman...

I'd rather watch paint dry than to watch any professional sports...

Except Women's Beach Volley Ball of course...Now THAT is a pro sport I can sink my teeth into...

:lol:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
riley1dog said:
What is up with this crap!!! What is the reason for no bowl games on Sunday so not to disturb the last day of the NFL (garbage see T.O) all of the playoffs have been decided for the most part. Stupid.
Ask me if I care about some damn over payed idiots who think they can force women to have sex with them then claim there's nothing wrong with it. (Reffer to "MN Vikings on boat")

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Well, you can't paint everyone with the same brush. But I do agree that professional athletes don't seem to maintain the integrity of those when I was a kid.

I am a hockey fan. You rarely or even never hear about those guys whoopin' it up and getting arrested in bars. Most of them are Canadian farmboys who spend more time off-ice golfing, hunting, and fishing than in jails.
G

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK DID ANY OF YOU READ THE POST I said NO COLLEGE FOOTBALL I DID ABREVIATE IT COLL FOOTBALL THAT IS NOT PROFESSIONAL...
Before you start attacking you should re-read. I am sorry Shotgun Minster I don't think the femals on that boat were forced to do anything I belive the were paid. Re-Read the charges also. Lewd acts are not Rape.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Don't sweat it Riles... People were just in the mood to rag on pro football thugs. I agree with you about New Years Day. Frankly it feels goofy to be watching the Rose Bowl on a Wednesday night.

Start a new thread, "Aren't pro athletes thuggish idiots?" and everyone would end of talking about how they love college ball :)

Best,
G

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
riley1dog said:
OK DID ANY OF YOU READ THE POST I said NO COLLEGE FOOTBALL I DID ABREVIATE IT COLL FOOTBALL THAT IS NOT PROFESSIONAL...
Before you start attacking you should re-read. I am sorry Shotgun Minster I don't think the femals on that boat were forced to do anything I belive the were paid. Re-Read the charges also. Lewd acts are not Rape.
Same damn thing in my book. The point being I don't care what they did, it involved a lack of slef control. I also add the what example does this set for the younger impressionable childern. Not a very damn good one. But in a culture that idolizes blood sports. I'd better duck for the flames get too hot. The only athletes that are worth the time of day would be the likes of Tom Knapp or McClick(sp?). I have yet to see these type of athletes in ANY legal trouble. Can't say that for any of the football players.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
A few points to ponder...

#1) This thread was about college football.

#2) Contempt for pro athlete mistakes off the field is understandable.

#3) Don't let #2 affect how you address fellow Shotgunworld members in this forum. You can agree or disagree with each other, but be nice about it. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts