Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father in-law has what appears to be a very old side by side. The only writing on it is 'GECADO' on the barrels. Can someone tell me anything about this gun maker, I've never heard of them before. Thanks...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure if this is the same manufacturer or not but 'Original' (a German airgun maker) used to sell guns under the Gecado name in some countries.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As DaveUK says Gecado was a tradename of GC Dornheim, Suhl, Germany.

I have a 20 bore, Gecado, side by side sidelock and bears the inscription 'Made in Spain' so I am now thinking that it may not be the same company or have been taken over by Dornheim at some time. There is a "U.S." stamp on a number of places so I am not sure if it has been in the US at some time.

If I can find any more about the company I shall post it and perhaps you can let me know if you hear any more.

Regards

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
Gecado was a West German firearms importer. Try Potter Firearms(England) at 61 7 3841 4700 or Dkt(Indiana) at 574-293-8544 they sell or have repair parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A5Guy

Thanks for that. Are both these companies in the US or do you mean Chris Potter Country Sports in the UK? I am in the UK.

Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.