Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a dependable autoloader within the price range of $800-$1500. I have done some research on the topic and am still up in the air over what to buy. I more than likely will do more dove/pheasant/duck hunting than any other. Everyone obviously has their biased opinion, but if you could go out an buy a shotgun right now,considering my situation, what would you buy and why?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Folks here seem to love this type of question. I suspect that there are hundreds if not thousands of posts here that address your semi-auto choice question. Do look at some of the previous posts as part of your research.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If I had to go buy one autoloader for everything it would be the remington 1100. That being said I have 10+ autolaoders. In your price range you could get almost any one you wanted. The berettas are just as good as the remingtons if not better. If you dont mind looks and you just want a dependable bulletproof shotgun that handle well the Baikal mp-153 is damn near indestructible(hear come the haters :lol: ) but with over 30000 rounds through mine it is hard to deny. :AU

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
As others posted, your price range will get you a very nice semiauto. Try to at least shoulder as many as you can to see which ones fit best.

Browning Gold and variants
Beretta AL391 and variants
Benelli has several models to check out
Remington 11-87 or 1100

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Browning, Browning, Browning can't be beat! :wink: A gold would be my number one choice for an auto these days.

Extremely reliable. Easy to take apart and clean. Feature like speed feed and mag cut off. They fit me like a glove. The guns fit and finish are very nice. They are light shooters. Cost wise they don't break the bank and the is a rebate making the deal sweeter. Browning customer service is very good. Browning offers so much to everyone it would be hard not to find something that you couldn't love and cherish from them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts