Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of shotgun do you use the most often for hunting?
semi auto440.00%
over under330.00%
pump330.00%
single shot break open00.00%
Bolt Action00.00%

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would say since I got my semi auto shotguns I use them the most next would be my O/U and I don`t even take my pump out of the safe anymore.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Depends on what I'm hunting. It's either my 870 express or it's my "baby" which is a Ugartechea model 30 SXS. I love SXSs!!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
You forgot lever action shotguns! :shock: There is the old Winchester 1887 (10 ga BP), 1901 (10 & 12 ga nitro proofed), the modern Winchester 9410 and Marlins 410 lever gun both in 2.5" 410.

I used my Win. 9410 for all my hunting this year but Turkey. I hunted Squirrel, Grouse and Deer the the Win. 9410 and Turkey with my Browning BPS.

mcb

·
Registered
139 Posts
I use strictly semi autos and prefer the SBE over the others.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
SxS or O/U. Haven't even fired a pump or auto-loader in 20 years. Not criticizing those who love 'em and shoot'em. Each to their own.

hunter20ga

·
Registered
193 Posts
#1 semi-auto, #2 pump.

I also have an old bolt action but must admit that, although I like the old gun, I'm not ready for the ribbing I would get with my hunting buddies. So, it stays at home.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Browning Auto 5 12 Gauge for Waterfowl.

Franchi 48 AL 28 Gauge for Upland Game.

·
Registered
363 Posts
For field hunting, I almost always use a Side by Side. I own two Winchester Mod. 23's, a real slick field grade L.C. Smith, and my latest one a C.Z. Bobwhite 28ga.

However, I also love the Old A5's Auto's and I own one standard full choke, one old FN with a Cutts Compensator choke, a Light twelve, and a Sweet Sixteen.

I also have a Remington 1100 but I have not fired it in a long time.

·
Registered
10,651 Posts
SxS's almost exclusively. :? Guess we don't count - we're not in the poll. :?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts