Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to win a Beretta 391 URIKA at a shoot this weekend. I know it is a great gun, because I already have one. However, this is a 26" barrel, and I prefer 28".

I have been pondering alternatives --keep it as an extra, trade it for something else, etc. Some options I am considering are trading for a 20 ga. Urika, a Benelli Montefeltro, or trading it, plus some cash, for a field grade O/U.

I have seen some good suggestions and thoughts on this board, and would appreciate some input. Intent would be to use this gun primarily for hunting (wild pheasant, preserve pheasant, chukkar, and quail). Would also use it occasionally for sporting clays and loaner for friends who want to try shooting. Perhaps someday, I will go to Argentina and shoot high volume doves -- this would be a companion to my Beretta 391.

I know all about the 391.... but would appreciate thoughts from those who know the Benelli Montefeltro. A couple specific questions:
1) What do Montefeltros cost ? Rough guess .....
2) Can Montefeltro shoot 1 oz target loads consistently.
3) Does Benelli and Beretta share the same choke (Mobil chokes, not Optima)
4) How does balance and handling of Benelli compare to the Urika ?
4) Does the Benelli come in the hard case like the 391 ?

Finally, has anybody ever traded a new, unfired gun for something else... I suspect the dealer has to treat the gun as used .

Thanks for your thoughts !

·
Registered
200 Posts
I don't know if this will help.If you were to trade the new gun or the old gun in on a Benneli Nova?You would have a gun that requieres very little care,can't rust,and you could feel comfortable lending it out.Just a thought.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since I like O/U's, I would try to arrange a trade for one. Gameli's in Kentucky can help, or Jaqua's in ohio. Dealers get a pretty good markup, so yeah, I think they are going to have to trade as used for new. But then, do you want 2 of the Berettas.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I can't get much in a trade ... can't believe a new gun can lose that much value so fast ! May try the store that donated it to see if I can do better, but they don't sell Benelli.

The Benellis is still my first choice.. Would appreciate input from those that have them.. Is the Montefeltro the "basic" version, or do they have something cheaper ?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Why are we resurrecting a two year old thread especially one that has no relavent meaning today???

·
Registered
965 Posts
Seems I noticed SHOOTONLYTENS trolling thru some other forums, and in one place mentioned he's like 12 years old and a rapid fire 12 gauge shootist of some fame, at least in his own estimation. Guess we will be having some interesting times if the rest of his buds hook school and all get on here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts