Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As for me, no new guns this year :cry:. What did ya'll get along the lines of new firearms/addons and such for your current ones?

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
No guns for me, I haven't got mine completely figured out yet and its owner still misses.

I did get bullets (I'm so hard to please :roll: :roll: ) and a nice rough-cut All-American stock, that I will probably spend the next 6 months getting perfect.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I got a lot of .38 and .357 mag. I also got a real nice pistol case and a matching rifle/shotgun case along with a few hundred 12ga shells for when the snow stops and it's fun to shoot clays again. I'm easily pleased :D and can't wait to shoot.

·
Registered
368 Posts
No guns, no ammo, no shooting related stuff at all. That was no big surprise though. I did get a nice box with half a dozen cohibas, 4 Romeo Y Julietas, 4 Montecristos, 4 perfect sized punches.

Doug Gordon

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
"Santa" brought me a mint condition SKB Model 600 O/U. :D

Prior to the purchase, "Santa" wrote down the serial number and called the current USA importer of SKBs. They told me (errr....Santa) that this particular gun was not a US-spec model, but rather one intended for the European market. Since the gun came with full documentation, the warranty card printed in German confirms the story from SKB. The German importer was Albrecht Kind, GMBH. Most likely, this particular gun was a "GI bring back" from a soldier stationed at one of our bases in Germany.

It is a SKB Model 600 with 2 3/4" chambers, standard 0.729 bores, 6 factory screw in chokes, 28" non-ported barrels, twin beads, manual safety, selective trigger, selective ejectors, a skeet/sporting dimensioned stock and a fitted hard case. This combination of features, along with the silver receiver, higher grade wood and nice engraving pattern was apparently unique to the European market at the time. A roughly equivalent US-spec model would have been the 605.

As discussed earlier on the SGW forums, there were probably no M600s marketed in North America with screw-in chokes. However, the later European market M600s did have factory screw-in chokes. SKB/USA estimates my gun was produced between 1984-1987.

I had the dealer install my favorite recoil pad, a Pachmayr Decelerator, and bring the LOP out to 14.5". I had the chance to shoot two "diagnostic" rounds of trap with it before Christmas, and I'm very pleased. It came with 2 chokes in each of 3 constrictions: 0.005, 0.014, 0.032 - which should cover most of my needs. SKB/USA confirmed that additional chokes and all mechanical repair parts are still available from them.

Although I've never really had the O/U "bug", this gun just felt "right", and was too pristine for me to pass up. I doubt the previous owner(s) had put more than a few rounds through it, as the action is still a bit stiff and there are no blemishes, rattles or discernable wear anywhere on the gun.

Here's to a Happy New Year! :D

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
I got a remington 597.

Ifishbaja U a cigar freak too? I enjoyed a nice Perdomo champeign series on christmas eve.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Santa directed me to a Browning Buckmark 5.5 Target on Friday. On Christmas I didn't get any guns but did get a number of gift certificates to Gander Mountain and Cabela's. I also got a couple bottles of wine from a local vinyard which were surprisingly good.

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
No gun stuff. :cry:

I did get a boxed set of DVD's that I'll never watch. :cry: :cry:

And a bottle of my favorite French-Canadian beer :)

And a bottle of Baileys! :D :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
I GAVE THREE SHOTGUNS AS GIFTS. ONE TO THE BROTHER INLAW. ONE TO MY BEST FRIEND. ONE TO MY WIFE! ALL RECIPIENTS WERE SPEECHLESS! I GOT A REALLY COOL CAMO CAP THAT HAS A SMALL LIGHT BUILT INTO TO THE TOP OF IT!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
marine one said:
I GAVE THREE SHOTGUNS AS GIFTS. ONE TO THE BROTHER INLAW. ONE TO MY BEST FRIEND. ONE TO MY WIFE! ALL RECIPIENTS WERE SPEECHLESS! I GOT A REALLY COOL CAMO CAP THAT HAS A SMALL LIGHT BUILT INTO TO THE TOP OF IT!
That's really great! I bet they were speechless, always makes you feel great to see someones face light up doesn't it? Sounds like you had a great Christmas!

Bob

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Proof that it can be more fun to give than receive. :D Or at least as much fun.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Fuelburns1 Posted:
it can be more fun to give than receive.
If thats the case why didn't someone have loads of fun an give me a bunch of new shotguns for Christmas. :? :? :lol: :lol:

I'm just kidding you. :lol: An I agree 100%.

·
Registered
335 Posts
yes, i did shed a couple of tears as i watched them open their new shotguns and they were so happy that they could not believe it! Just imagine opening a bx and it is a new shotgun! yes they were so amazed, and they were really grateful!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.