Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying a new autoloader. What is you opinion about these four guns:1) Browning Gold Fusion2) Winchester Super X23) Beretta 391 Urika4) Benelli M1 Which do you think I should get???

·
Registered
263 Posts
BROWNING GOLD FUSION!! the name says it all! Philosophical purity is a bunch of BS! You best bring your knife if you wanna fight me cause i've seen you shoot. Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best.

·
Registered
263 Posts
When you buy a browning your buying quality, tradition, and craftsmanship. (no i'm not working for browning) I mean any gun can be fitted to a person. I could go back to that old b/f's 870 trap that i shot for a while if i wanted to because he so nicely had it fitted to me. PLUS BROWNINGS RULE Philosophical purity is a bunch of BS! You best bring your knife if you wanna fight me cause i've seen you shoot. Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best.

·
Registered
3 Posts
as far as i know beretta has the best quality and finish. they work with the latest machinery and will provide excelent quality and finish in all their guns irrespective of price. They have very precise machining. Some people, however find berettas 'temperamental' . they dont seem to work with all types of shot and all temperatures, possibly as a result of their very precise manufacturing process which makes them only suitable for 'perfest shooting conditions. They do not have the ability to adjust like lesser guns would.sorry for using the global id dksdks = dks Edited by: dksdks at: 12/30/02 4:10:55 pm

·
Registered
8 Posts
try the gun out at a dealership .if it feels good when you point it fine.would you feel comfortable hauling up and down a moutain allday?try a benali boy does it point well ,beats anything you ever held before huh!its not gas operated like a bronie either,easy to clean,light,and has a good balance too.need i say more.invite the guy out to the ally if he really wants to fight you he'll be there tomorrow afternoon,after the hunt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last week I went to the local gun store and tried pointing all different types of guns. I really liked the Browning fusion. Has anyone heard good or bad things about this gun?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The Browning coupon offer expired on December 31, and, unless, Browning renews the offer the gun will be HORRIBLY overpriced right now.Shotgun prices seemed to have firmed up in recent days. However, I, personally, think that in another two weeks you will see more deals on the pike.If I didn't love to shoot the clays, I would have purchased a Benelli, because it had an adjustable stock, and because the maintenance on an inertia gun is so simple. I don't like the maintenance on a Beretta, but the gun is, in fact, a fabulous shooter. If your emphasis is only on hunting, a Benelli would be a consideration.A full service gun dealer will have demo models in all of the guns that you listed, and I would strongly recommend that you go out and shoot some clays, with each of the models. The fluff came out of retail pricing in 2002 for top quality guns, because of coupons and competition. Further, in this regard used guns sold at a price to properly reflect their inherent value. Just remember the rule of thumb that once the gun is fired that it will sell at less 30%, and a commonly fired gun at less 40%. You subtract that figure from their selling price; not msrp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I talked to Browning on New Year's Eve and they said they will have another coupon offer but for the year of 2003 it will be for $50.00 instead of $100.00. Anyways, If I'm going to shoot trap 2-3 times per month and hunt 2-3 times per month do you think I would make more sense to buy a gas operated, or Inertia? I really like to feel and point of both Browning Fusion and the Benelli M1. Choices, Choices? Fusion $799.00 or M1 $849.00. ????????????????????

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Is contact the dealer and see if he can get the $100 coupon honored...many times these coupons extend about 30 days into the expiration period for the dealers....depends how they issued the coupons, i.e., how they attached the coupons to the sale of the merchandise...I don't know the answer to that.That would give you a price of $699 on the Browning, and I would go for the Browning based on price.If price is not an issue, then, you would have to take into consideration that the Benelli M1 has that raised, and stepped rib, which is nice for trap, AND the stock is adjustable...if you can take the recoil for 150 rounds per month you might like Benelli...there are several at my club who shoot Benelli.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
When you buy a browning your buying quality, tradition, and craftsmanship. [......]. PLUS BROWNINGS RULE Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best.SCG,I believe that all of these brands represent quality, tradition and craftsmanship. That's like saying get the Browning because it comes in 12 gauge. The question is, what sets it apart? Does the Browning offer something that the other models do not?I love the Browning Citori O/U's that I've shot, and the auto's are probably very good too. But so far I haven't seen a compelling reason to pick them. Name alone is not enough reason. If it were, then we'd be back to the fact that all four of these are reputable names. Hmmm.

G

·
For the record, I've owned two benelli's, a 12 and a 20 super
90. Never again. I sold the 20 to a friend and had to buy it
back to save the friendship. I kept these guns spotless and they still jammed so frequently that I had to finish duck season with my old 870. These guns just don't do well in cold, humid conditions. Second, I felt like I had been in a boxing match
after a box of shells in the dove field. Third, benellis are very
loud. I got tired of catching flack from my hunting buddies in
the duck blind as well as doing damage to my own hearing.
I am now rid of both of them and will never spend another dime
on a benelli product.
As for cleaning, they are a breeze.
I now shoot a browning gold 3.5. In mud, ice,rain, salt marsh and extreme cold, I have yet to have a jam or failure. The benellis cost me many ducks on icy mornings. The browning did
away with that problem. The browning is also just as easy
to clean. There are very few parts in the system. Also, I beleive that the fusion comes with an adjustable stock. This is the only drawback with the gold

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is the main purpose of your new ******? I own a Benelli, Mossberg and a Remington. Spent time with them in North Carolina as well as Arizona. My Benelli is an older M-3 and never had any problems with it at all, in fact it is my favorite one!! Now I cannot say I ever hunted ducks with it so I don't know how it would perform. I have blown the s*#t out of a very evil looking snow man and a bunch of rabid watermelons!! Only problem I ever had was from using to light of a load in
the Benelli. i was told if I changed the recoil spring that wouldn't happen anymore!! Try to find some buddies with the ****** that you wish to possess and buy him some beers and shells and go out shootin'. :D

G

·
Nice list! Anyone of these would be a great choice. I like the Brownings best. My two best buddies and I are Semi-Auto 12 gauge chauvinists. Out of the four you listed I have experince with all but the M1. I also have experince with some others like the SBE wich is the bigger brother of the M1. Let's face it, quality is not what it used to be. Todays shotguns are closer than ever before. I do think you get a little better quality as price goes up. With the kind of coin you intend to lay out, you have some other options. I'd also take a look at a few others like the Beretta "Pintail/ES100", Franchi "612", Stoeger "2000" and the Weatherby "SAS". They give up little if any in regards to quality, reliabilty, and fuctionality. Handle as many as possible and pick the one that feels best to YOU.

·
Registered
308 Posts
In my humble opinion the best autoloader is a Winchester Model 59. Now I know that you asked about new guns, but you can usually find a like, or almost new Model 59 at guns shows for maybe $250.

Some have changeable choke tubes, but others have either a modified or full choke barrel that is easy to remove. You can still by new barrels for them from Numrich.

The gun is light as a feather and can shoot any loads without changing anything, but you can't get one in 3 inch mag.

The gun is impervious to moisture as the receive is aluminum and the barrel is nylon wrapped around a tungsten core. I know it sounds weird and that's why Winchester made only 82,000 of them, but its usually mentioned in "Great Gun" articles.

I concur. Quality is superior as the Model 59 is the last Pre-64 Winchester shotgun made.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I know it has been a while since you asked, Since I got my Benelli Sport I am a new man,nothing compares, Its quick to the shoulder lines right up, easy to take apart, easy to clean (not much need to clean but I do it cause I love this gun).
So do tell us, what did you end up getting ? :wink:

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
A good autoloader is one that you can shoot well with.

Try them all for fit, as you'll likely shoot best with a good fitting gun.

Having said that, since everyone else seems to be recommending their favorite autoloader, I'll throw in my recommendation for the Remington 1100 Sporting 12.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts