Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 207 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was a shotgun that you've owned that was better than expectations?
Mine has been a Charles Daly 20ga auto(the older 600 version).. Ive owned it for 19 years and its had more than a few thousand rounds through it. My wife bought it for me to bust brush and bad weather with.. Very plain black synthetic, cherekoted(or something like it) barrel,and its been rock solid all these years.. Its been crazy reliable with all loads in all kinds of weather..
Have you had a shotgun that exceeded expectations or reputation?

· Registered
206 Posts
My Caesar Guerini Tempio. When I first got it, I was thinking, "this is pretty nice", and when I first shot it, I was thinking "it's ok".

After about 500 shots, I started thinking "wow! this gun is awesome!" I then patterned it, and was really impressed. I would estimate that I have 2000+ shells through it, and every time it just gets better.

It's as good as a gun that I could ask for.

· Registered
23,900 Posts
Mine would be my CZ Canvasback, it has performed flawlessly for 15 years, almost 35k rounds. It would probably have a lot more through it if it were not for the fact that I just don't care for O/U shotguns.

cdb

· Registered
4,043 Posts
I've had the opportunity to shoot and own so many great shotguns. This is a tough one. One I currently own, and am infatuated with is my Sweet 16. It was one of those guns that had always interested me, but I had never shot one, much less handled one. An older friend of mine received one(new version) as a retirement gift from his managers. We were in SD, in October one year, and he was taking it out of the case after we had decided how to approach this field. I asked him if he wanted to trade for a short walk so I could carry it, and shoulder it, and see what the humpback hype was all about... Needless to say, I had my own the next season.

I've had it for a few years now, and I've got to say, it very quickly became one of my all time favorites. It may even get the nod for opener. Haven't decided yet.

· Registered
23,900 Posts
Ted Williams model 300 with a poly choke. Rebranded Winchester semi.

Started shooting skeet with a buddies mossburg 20 ga and could hardly hit a bird. Another friend sold me the TW and skeet got real easy. That was my first real shotgun.

I have one of those, 16 ga, still shooting.

cdb

Reactions: Road Rat

· Registered
3 Posts
An old Master Mag Cc660 (Mossberg 500). Shot it for over 40 years until my best friend stole it from me. Hated it when I got it as a 12 year old, grew to love it as an adult. It just got smoother and smoother the more I used it.

· Registered
2,849 Posts
Bought my daughter a Franchi Instinct 410 and cut the stock down for her. Really pleased with the gun for the price and trying to find a full size stock (for less than $340) so i can shoot it as well. Fit wasn't dead on but the overall function of the gun is great.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts