Shotgun Forum banner
141 - 160 of 207 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
I picked up a used ATI Calvery in 20 gauge, it only took 4 shots before it went up for sale. The light weight made it a punishing gun to shoot. I replaced it with a Citori CXS 20 gauge that is a pleasure to shoot. The one that stands out is a Rizzini Vertex, 12 gauge with 32" barrels, I bought used from a gent that was downsizing his collection. The gun is a pleasure to shoot Skeet or Sporting Clays with and I am usually breaking 90% or better of the clays when using it. Still learning this clay bird addiction.

· Registered
12 Posts
My father gave me a Winchester Supreme sporting O/U 12GA, supposed to be a lower end gun, made in Belgium by the people who make Brownings, even after several thousand rounds, it still takes two hands and a little effort to break open , When I put it next to a Winchester 101 it looks to be more well made.

· Registered
9 Posts
Mine is an 1891 Parker GH 12 gauge. I saw it online at the Cabelas gun library and kept going back looking at it. I finally called the store and got the best description someone with no shotgun knowledge could give me and after a little negotiation I had them send it to my FFL. When it arrived it was off face, had a short stock (restock at that), and had sleeved barrels. Someone also ground off the Damascus steel engraving on the rib and re-engraved it to say “Parker special steel”. I had nothing into it as I used Cabelas points, my gunsmith gave me a quote to fix it/add length and it seemed reasonable. Now it’s turned into one of my favorite sporting clay guns and I surprise everyone when I smoke clays with an 130 year old SxS.
I have several old Elsie's from the same period. Most of them are Damascus tubed but I don't care, been doing it for over 50 years. But I shoot low pressure custom rolled shells in them. Lots of folks still believe the Damascus myth, I don't even debate it anymore. I do bear in mind that the entire gun is well over 100 years old so I don't use heavy loads in them.
HAPPY SHOOTING.
Roy

· Registered
559 Posts
We

What ammo have u shot out of it so far?
Mostly 7/8oz 1200fps .Remington gun clubs. RC and Clever.
i did run a box of 3" 1oz through it. I've run about 1000 shells through it. took it dove hunting for 3 days and hasn't failed to eject or load a single time. i don't have any other autoloaders that haven't had at least a couple.

· Registered
312 Posts
I picked up a 1947 ithaca M37 in 16ga for very cheap in a local pawn shop. It quickly became one of my favorite upland shotguns.
For me, a '39 model 37 16 ga. Same/same bought in a pawn shop cause I had lots of 16 ga ammo, and my NID wasn't fixed yet. The 37 needed fixed too, before I hunted with it. I shot both guns for pheasants and in that realm, it was one of the nicest guns I've ever carried and shot. I'm a lot slower getting on birds these days, but no problem with the reach of the full choked 16.

· Registered
4,288 Posts
Benelli Supersport…. I really didn’t want to like it. Got to try a used one for sale. Even bought Winchester Universal ammo to make it jam. Took it to the skeet field. Shot my first 50 with it, then 75, and dropped 2 for a 98. Bought it and just for grins ran it over 3000 rounds until it choked on a reload with love handles. Won a local league with it, won A at a local tourney. Shot 76 at my first Sporting event with it. Now we all know how this story ends….

Sold it and hate myself. It’s a gun guy thing.

· Registered
891 Posts
Beretta A300...

I been at it a lifetime, its a big deal for me to name just one... I could name others along the journey....

I have modified it a little to fit me better.

Shoots where I look. Points like my own 👉

Shoots better than some costing a lot more.

141 - 160 of 207 Posts