Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of these are legitimate companies that didn't spend quite enough time considering how their online names might appear ... and be misread.

These are not made up. Check them out yourself! Read the web-sites names closely!

1. "Who Represents" is where you can find the name of the agent that represents any celebrity. Their Web site is www.whorepresents.com

2 . Experts Exchange is a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views at

www.expertsexchange.com

3. Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island at

www.penisland.net

4. Need a therapist? Try Therapist Finder at
www.therapistfinder.com

5. There's the Italian Power Generator company,

www.powergenitalia.com

6. And don't forget the Mole Station Native Nursery inNew South Wales ,
www.molestationnursery.com

7. If you're looking for IP computer software, there's always
www.ipanywhere.com

8. And the designers at Speed of Art await you at their wacky Web site
www.speedofart.com

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Someone had to approve each IP for the companies?! If I were the boss there and one of my employees pulled that on me I'd be LIVID! Someone'd get their *** handed to them.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Clay

If it is like most of the places I have been around............

The big cheese got really pissed off when some flunky said.....

"Boss I don't think you want to that!" or worse "Are you really sure you want to do that"

So now the boss has to be blind and deaf because he can't be wrong!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I will add one more to the list. The law firm of Morrison and Foerster, a large international white-shoe defense firm, wanted to come up with a snappy way for people to remember them and changed their website (and also much of their marketing material) to:
www.mofo.com

Of course, all of their lawyers now have "mofo" email addresses too. It is really quite fitting, once you get to know them.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
I agree Al. My boss is a tool. I've let him hang himself several times, usually to my great amusement.

I have stood him up before and refused some idiotic actions (he was flat out wrong and didn't know it and would have led to an integrity violation on the part of our organization)

I'll clean up the aftermath most of the time but sometimes he goes too far.

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
I really don't try to be a party pooper, I just have a practical and inquisitive nature.

At least some of those web sites are jokes. Take www.penisland.net for example. Links on the site lead nowhere, and the text is mostly a bunch of thinly disguised dirty jokes.

Whether you're looking for a long and skinny pen, a thick pen, a fountain pen that squirts ink, or even a black pen, we have just the one for you.

Penisland is the only one I checked, but I imagine some of the other sites will turn out to be jokes as well - probably all of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts