Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the 335 worth refinishing. the receiver looks like it might have been color case hadened, can this be restored? The pistol grip is round instead of having a cap so it kinda has nice lines. I brought it to a trap club about 20 years ago(I was in high school)
and scored 18 of 20 every time(I shot alot back then), The regulars seemed to be impressed. It's a little rusty(surface rust)but otherwise in great operating condition, the wood looks good with some small cracks at the joint with the receiver.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Yes color case hardening can be restored, found a price of $220 online, which is approaching the value of your gun, even restored. But ofcourse prices can vary, so check with local gunsmiths.

The big question is not whether the gun is worth restoring, it's whether it's worth restoring to you. It sounds like you love the gun, as long as you look at it that way and not an investment I say GO FOR IT! I've spent big unreturnable dollars on sentimental guns but then again, I'm obsessed, ask anyone. Besides it's only money.

Now, if you need to justify it to the war department at home, just tell her the Value and ID moderator at Shotgunworld said it's a fantastic investment. I've never lied to her so she'll believe me. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd never consider selling it. There's workhorses,comp guns, and one's that are just a joy to have and to shoot. that big double is a good gun, and if you can shoot good with it you can shoot good with almost anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.