Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...a 686 and 687?

I am looking at the White Onyx which is a 686, but the Silver Pigeon S is 687 and not much more. Both of these I am looking at are NIB. I know they used to make 686 Pigeons, but they make the 687 ones now and I just want to know what some differences were. Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess it's a mystery to all of us :(

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
They still make the 686 as well as the 687. The difference is cosmetic - I can't list the exact differences, but the 687 is supposed to be a little prettier than the 686. All the parts are interchangeable.

It is hard to keep up with the names of Beretta models - they change the names as often as I change my underwear. However, the 686 and 687 designations have been around for years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
686 is hardened at the wear points of the receiver and the 687 has a completely hardened receiver. At least that was the difference between the 656S and the 657S.

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
I'm not familiar with the 65x series, but that difference does not exist between the 686 and 687. The receivers are the same except for the "engraving" and the presence of false sideplates on some grades of 687.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts