Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Kraiza said:
I love Browning but that is junk to me.
If it is one of JN Browning's design prototypes, it was not meant to be a finished product, I am not surprized it looks rough and unfinished.

He did not work from drawings to prouct a new design but started shaping parts, the factories would have to "reverse engineer" his working models.

If this is one of his early gun design concepts, the rough appearance would be expected. I have seen photo's of the pieces he turned out while working on the o/u designs, they don't look anything like the Superposed or Citori but that's what they grew into, the rough stuff was just astepping stone to that end.

If this is what it is claimed to be, it would be an interesting piece historically but could not be expected to be a practical, working gun on the lines of what A5 shooters expect.

·
Registered
962 Posts
From looking at his A-5 prototypes all the stocks have a straight grip....and all the earliest manufactured guns have a straight grip.........why would he use the round knob, prince of wales grip on a prototype?????? a grip that didn't show up until later in his design????

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
I think the gun is a French gun made by Jardone (or Jardune). I saw one years ago. It was also in 16ga but it was blued and lightly engraved. There was also a small rimfire with that same action, also French.

I have seen several Browning (FN) prototypes and, as RER said, they all had straight stocks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts