Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
28,973 Posts
Browning didn't say either way.

I would guess the 28 inch first, but that is a guess based on 1) that's all that was originally shipped and 2) there is no MSRP on the 26 inch.

The 28 inch barrel is newly profiled, very light and responsive, and the gun is well-balanced. It may well be the most desirable barrel length in the Sweet Sixteen for most folks.

·
Registered
28,973 Posts
Sixteen gauge aficionados have been waiting for a modern, lightweight 16 gauge autoloader for over 50 years. :shock: Actually, longer than that for the 1100 16 gauge was hardly light in weight. and the Auto-Five "Sweet Sixteen" was sweet only in comparison to the "Light Twelve," which isn't a flyweight.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Wonder how long I will have to wait for a left hand version? My mistake, this isn't the Beretta forum- he said sarcastically!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Scheels in Rochester MN said end of October. I am #2 on the list for a 28" and they have 2 on order... Cabela's in Owatonna MN said next year, so we'll see.

Joe

·
Registered
940 Posts
Browning Customer Service told me Monday they will be in the retail stores within two weeks.

Two weeks ago Browning Customer Service told me they will be in the retail stores the first week in October.

I am on six lists to get one.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Paid for mine back in January, so at least I don't have to figure out how to pay for it.

I've not really checked on delivery, but unless they found something wrong with them in Utah, I figure it is only a matter of weeks before they start showing up out there.

The real trouble will be when is your vendor getting them. I would like to have it by the first weekend in November to pheasant hunt with (considering I will miss opening weekend out of state watching Nebraska vs Wisconsin in Madison that weekend). If not here by November 4th I will be sad.

·
Registered
28,973 Posts
Browning surely did not release the A5 Sweet Sixteen for my benefit: of course they are available this year. You have to add in a boat ride from Portugal, customs, receiving, the usual, then the normal process of getting them out to distribution.

They ran 28 inch barrels first. 28 inch barrels always sell better than 26 inch barrels, like it or not (I generally do not) but it only makes sense to run what is historically the most popular configuration.

A gun like this will of course sell out, so the dealers that didn't pre-order will have to wait a bit, as will those that do not already have one on order. By the end of the month, many folks will have them.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.