Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wire clip recoil pad for 391 Extrema 2 , old pad has about disintergrated. I have looked on Brownells and could not find it?? I think it is the same pad as on a 391 urika 2??

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!

Bull

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Presumably this is the Gel-Tek pad which has been out of production for about 3 years. A MicroCore should fit the stock and screw holes exactly but they are noticeably lighter in weight.

·
Super Moderator
8,779 Posts
Trickster said:
Presumably this is the Gel-Tek pad which has been out of production for about 3 years. A MicroCore should fit the stock and screw holes exactly but they are noticeably lighter in weight.
There are no screw holes, thus the wire clip.
Do the large screws that retain the clip line up?? How big are the screw holes?
Have you replaced the rock hard gel pad?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Dr Duk said:
Trickster said:
There are no screw holes, thus the wire clip.
Do the large screws that retain the clip line up?? How big are the screw holes?
Have you replaced the rock hard gel pad?
Exactly, remove the screws and buttons that the wire clip holds onto. Then use those same screws to attach the new microcore pad. I did this on my Extrema 2 as I wanted a slightly shorter pad for colder days with more clothes. Just be sure you get the right Microcore pad. I believe it is the "field" one you want. I agree it is a better pad.
So easy even I could do it easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts