Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I've looked everywhere but can't find any place to shoot. I moved to Glenview a few months ago, leaving behind a friend with a farm and a NJ Wildlife free rifle and self launch range. Does this state offer practice areas or do any of you kind folks have some property and want some company?
I just got my foid card and haven't shot my CG for months. I need to shoot!

Cheers,
Rick

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I drove up to Northbrook in August on your recommendation from many months ago. It's a great facility but it's expensive. I may have to bite the bullet and join. Do you know any instructors up there? PM your suggestion if you prefer.
Cheers neighbor!
Rick

· Registered
29,913 Posts
Boerne_Ranger said:
It's a great facility but it's expensive.
It is a beautiful club. I think they are the largest property holder in Hainesville, over 700 acres. Expensive compared to what would be the question.

Downer's, outside of Morris is a great spot . . . but it is going to be windshield time, tolls, and gas for you. If you shoot a little bit of everything, Aurora is worth looking into as well: http://www.auroragunclub.com/ .

· Registered
29,913 Posts
DEG said:
RandyWakeman said:
Illinois State Conservation Area.
This would be illegal unless the particular conservation area has a range and specifically allows discharging a firearm for practice.
There's the most obnoxious, unhelpful, troll post of the day . . . three months after the question was properly asked and answered. I've shot there many, many times.

http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt/PA ... k.htm#Hand

Hand Trap Range

Two hand trap ranges and an archery range are open to the public daily except during pheasant hunting season. Sportsmen are welcome to practice and hone their skills so they will be ready to go on opening day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.