Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all... new member...

I have a double barrell shotgun that my grandfather left me. For years I have been trying to figure out some info. on this gun.

It is a side-by-side barrell, double hammers, lever action break-away, double triggered...

On the receiver it has written on it (in a caligraphy style) .... Interchangeable Gun Co. and if I remember correctly the barrell was stamped Swiss made or made in switzerland...

Anyone have a clue?

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
If the gun is Swiss made (which is very unlikely), then I don't have a clue. Post all the lettering , numbers and symbols and where found on the gun.. There are 2 possibilities, either a very cheap gun im ported from Belgium, around the the 1900 period (the most likely) or a gun built by C G bonehill of Birmingham, England.. The proof marks will tell.. Bushrod

·
Registered
629 Posts
Natty- Donuts will get you dollars it's a Bonehill. I think Henri Pieper also made an "Interchangeable"- but I could be wrong.

'Lonzo

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Alonzo: I would bet the other way,, in 55 years I've seen I Bonehill Interchangeable and probably a half dozen of the JABCs. I think it will have the old ELG on the frame.. Bushrod

·
Registered
629 Posts
Alright- That does it!! I'm going upstairs to drag out Bill Wise's article in the DGJ. At my age, being that close to the bathroom, this may take awile :lol: .

'Lonzo

·
Registered
629 Posts
And were, I'm sure, made by Pieper but I can'y find a thing to back me up. I do know they marketed many of their guns through s,d & g.

'Lonzo

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Side by Sides of the World for Y2K says the Interchangeable was made in Belgium and imported by Schoverling, Daly and Gates, circa 1880.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Blownway, you really need to add more info. You said "If I remember correctly" which surely means you didn't have it right in front of you. Are you sure it said "Interchangeable Gun Co" and not The Interchangeable? Fact is, several manufacurers made guns stamped with "the Interchangeable" and some had that on one side and something else (Rogers machine gun, Keystone,Janssen and sons and about 5 others I have notes on) on the other. So, to get close we need everything written on it and the location(s)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an old side hammer dbl bbl 12guage with "Keystone" on one side and "The Interchangeable" on the other. Is this the same type of gun?[/img]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts