Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity, where in the USA can a person purchase a new Miroku, say a MK70? I've never seen one in a store other than those carrying the "B" name.

I am really attracted to the Browning model 25, but looking at the pictures it appears that the MK70 looks like it's better finished. Unfortunately, pictures is all that I've seen so far.

· Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, after searching the web, I found a couple of ads for NIB 12ga Mk 70's with 30" barrels. They are priced at about $1650. I have couple of questions: First would this gun make a good "all around" shooter (hunting, sporting clays, skeet)? Second, is the price reasonable?

I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy the Miroku, or simply go with a Browning 525 field version.

Thanks,

· Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I passed on a Browning 525 Sporting 12/30 yesterday. The fit (stock dimensions) were good, but I didn't really like the tight radius of the grip nor the palm swell. What killed the deal, however, were the ported barrels. After shouldering a customer's 425 in the gun shop, I think I'd jump on one of these if I could just find one. If that's what the Mk 70 is like, then I think I'd be really pleased with one, except I'd have to do something about the non-existent recoil pad.

A "heavy" gun doesn't really bother me too much - I'm pretty large (6'3" - 225 lbs). I started hunting many years ago toting an old Savage 12ga SxS and after that, almost everything feels light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.