Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The countries best shotgunning? Meaning The best location for Trap, skeet, and sporting clays. Along with your answer give the reason why. Thanks for your help. I am looking for a location to go get my masters degree, and I figure if I am going to be somewhere for two years or so, well...

Dave

·
Registered
63 Posts
Northeast Kansas....

University of Kansas - Lawrence
Kansas State Univerity - Manhattan (with a trap team)

Ravenwood Lodge - Topeka, KS - clays, hunts
Capital City Gun Club - Topeka, KS - trap, skeet
Cokeley Farms - Dehlia, KS - clays, hunts
Lone Oak Hunting Sports - Lecompton, KS - clays, hunts
Cedar Hill Gun Club - Lawrence, KS - clays, trap, 5-stand
Powder Creek Gun Club - Lenexa, KS - clays, trap, skeet
Tuttle Creek Trap Park - Manhattan, KS - trap
Locust Point - Lyndon, KS - clays, skeet
Marais des Cygnes - Ottawa, KS - clays
Brunner Range - Leavenworth, KS - trap, skeep, 5-stand

We also have friends that set up a "10-stand", plus trap and skeet on their farm ground two Saturdays a month. The prices are really reasonable and anyone is invited.

These are all within an hour of Topeka.....

If you want to drive just a bit further - approximately 100 miles

Lil' Toledo - Chanute, KS
Flint Oak - Fall River, KS - awesome place to shoot and stay
Mike Murphy's - Augusta, KS
Lynbooke - Augusta, KS
Gypsum Valley - Gypsum, KS

Plus, Kansas has a low cost of living compared to the coasts. If you don't believe me, just ask Spencer Tomb - he posts here and is a prof. at K-State.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Best" could be any place from a local trap/skeet range where I would be welcomed by the locals whenever I showed up, or to include full fancy facilities, registered targets, trap, skeet, sporting, ZZ birds, and although expensive a good crowd to hang around. I gather if you wonder what is best, the clubs in your area are not.

R/

Dave

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
For sporting clays--(sad for a Louisiana boy to say)--it's Texas.

They have the most shoots, most M class shooters and the most shoots where one can earn punches and All American points.I have traveled from Louisiana to shoot against these guys and I can tell you from hard experience--don't bet agin 'em.

Also some of the best instructors around.Dan Carlisle, Bobby Fowler, Vance Barnes, Gary Greenway, Mike McAlpine....just to name a few....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.