Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Briley light modified choke last sunday and still don't have it :x :x :x !!

·
Registered
893 Posts
I waited four weeks for EasyHit to send me my bead order; no acknowledgement from them, no communication, no responses to inquiries, nothing. The beads showed up in the mail the day before I was going to call the credit card company to dispute the charges... but I'm guessing that Briley is better than that :wink:

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
I ordered 6 Truelock chokes on a Thursday and got them the next Tuesday. If you are having trouble getting a Briley choke, you should try to order a Browning choke! :roll:

BP

·
Registered
71 Posts
Burnt Powder: If you don't mind, would you be kind enough to tell me what type (flush, extended or ?) of choke tubes you bought from Trulock & what gun they are for? Also, would you please give your thoughts on how they fit your gun; what you think of their appearance & would you order again from Trulock if you had additional choke tube requirements ( for another gun or ?).

Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
354 Posts
There are a half-dozen topics with Trulock in the title (some are misspelt "Truelock"). Do a search and you'll find nirvana. Most people have been very happy with them. I am one of the satisfied customers. I got an I-M Power Plus (or whatever) for Invector-Plus, and had it in two days. Great service. What can one say about a $20 stainless tube with threads cut in one end? It works.

-- Sam

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hey, GUNNUT, give Trulock a call and ask the status of your order....800-293-9402. There is probably a good reason for the long time - and you don't want to just sit there and get more pi&$%^*ed..........

Good luck - everyone else has had lots of it from Trulock.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I, too, ordered two Skeet chokes from Trulock for my Baikal IZH27 and received them two days later. They are the flush mount style. I would definitely take Papadoodles advice and give them a call.

Otto...

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got my choke today from Briley (Rem-choke) and it is very good quality. It is the extended X2 choke.

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
dtberkley; and whoever else is interested.

The chokes I got were for my Browning Sporting Clays Edition and my Franchi Veloce. I got the extended sporting clays stainles steel versions. They fit very nicely, look good. Excellent job of knerling, well machined threads and when I checked the fit in the barrel with an inspection pick and my telescoping ***** set, all was just right. The Chokes for the Browning are of the Invector plus configuration and the ones for the Franchi are of the newer Beretta/Benelli configuration. I had a nice informative conversation with Geo. before I ordered them and since I do have a retail business I jumped through the hoops and became a "dealer" for Trulock choke tubes! Every little bit helps. They have a very good price even at retail if you buy 5 tubes. Seems like if you buy 4 you get 5 for the same money. NOT so at dealer price though! Shipping is reasonable, not an inflated shipping charge. There are, and I am assuming here, laser etched identification marks on the outside/knurled portion of the tubes. No identifying nicks on them. They have etched on the body of the tube the designation, ie. Skeet II as well as the actual dimension in .001" of the constriction, rather the inside dia. of the tube. ie. .735. Yes, they look good. Yes, they work well, and yes, I will buy them again when I need more tubes. They do not have the colored rings arround the ends for indication, just the fairly large easy to read letters. Not ugly mind you, just enough so you know imediatly which tube it is. Go to the web site and look arround, it shows very well what they are and what they look like.

BP

Hmmm, seems I have been misspelling Trulock haven't I! I just looked at the home page of thier site and it shows very clearly what I have been describing. Even get a team Trulock hat with orders over $100. Wonder what happened to MY hat? :roll:

·
Registered
71 Posts
BurntPowder: Thanks very much for your comments and opinions on the (6) choke tubes you ordered from Trulock.
It seems that the Trulock line of Choke Tubes are certainly equal to the other major brands, and it also appears that his pricing structure beats the others "hands down". Thanks again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.