Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to pick up the Remington 870 18" police barrel with rifle sights. I can not find a part number or anyone that stocks it. (They only seem to carry the 20" rifle sight version.) As this barrel is an option on several current Police models, I would have thought they would sell it separately but I'm not having any luck. If anybody know where to find it, I would appreciate it. By the way, Remington's customer service could not help as I did not have a part number.

·
Registered
20,546 Posts
"By the way, Remington's customer service could not help as I did not have a part number."

Isn't that really pathetic! :!: :cry: You call the manufacturer and ask a simple question about availability of a major part (the barrel), and the so-called "experts" can't even answer your question because you don't have a part number. :evil: I doubt if many of these customer service "experts" could even identify a barrel if it didn't have a part number tag on it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah... I got my 870 combo, 50 rounds used, for $225. I would suggest just finidng a used shotgun with a barrel like you want, becasue it is highway robbery to buy a replacement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are many used and new barrels on the market, why not just buy one and have a gunsmith cut it down and install the sights you want. Probably a lot cheaper than trying to find a new one. :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just bought the SAME barrel you're asking about on Monday from my local dealer. Cost was $150. It only took him 3 days to get it from his distributor so they are out there.

Mine is undergoing a TruGlo sight conversion...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.