Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved to the north side of Indianapolis and was wondering if anyone new any good places to shoot in my area.

Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
For shotgun games I cannot say enough good things about Indiana gun Club. I live about 10 minutes from you (Fishers) and the club is only five minutes from my house. Skeet, trap, 5 stand and Sporting. They have some lit ranges for night shooting. The best part is they sell a lot, a lot, of used shotguns and you can just take one off the shelf stop at the counter and then go test drive it. A guy I shoot with on occasiopn shot a $3,500 perazzi a few weeks ago just so he could say he did. I bought my first shotgun there this year.

There other places, albeit farther away, for rifle and pistol. Send me an email and maybe we shoot there sometime.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll put in another vote for Indiana Gun Club. Great facility, and very nice, helpful people. They have a good selection of shotguns as well, and you can also have a gun shipped to them if need be.

HNS

G

·
I found a nice game farm in southern indiana.It's Lost river game farm. They have a web site just do a search for it check out the prices the are very reasonable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings folks, just registered. Live in NE IN. I have a son that goes to school down Bloomington way and we've hit Lost River a couple of times. Good folks there. Bird prices are reasonable and, while I've never shot it, I've caught glimpses of sections of their clays course. Nice-n-hilly, should be a good time.

I've heard only good things about Indiana gun club from folks down that way.

Up here we're a bit barren on courses. Got one in NW OH that friends & I hit a few times during the year.

Best to all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i'm in ne indiana and really want to try sporting clays, but there's nowhere that i know of around here. where can i go in northwest ohio?

i just shot skeet for the first time this weekend and loved it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
thanks for the info!

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
Also,check your Indiana Hunting Guide in the back. There are alot of state owned shooting ranges and some are quite nice. Pigeon River at Mongo,IN has a great range and an area to shoot hand thrown clays. Free,too. Closed Mondays.

·
Registered
163 Posts
A5guy are you an IN native ?
You are right the Mongo range is a good one with friendy staff.
There is another between Syracuse & North Webster of SR 13 called Tri Lakes. It's also free & run by the DNR and worth checking out if your in the area.

·
Registered
30 Posts
we go to the range in mongo fairly often for target practice. it has never occurred to us to throw clays there. is there is a special spot for that?

·
Registered
163 Posts
t next time your at one of the lanes on the rifle range in Mongo......look right, and down past the 100yard lane is the shotgun/clays area.

·
Registered
30 Posts
thanks - i've never gone past the 50!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts