Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here at the new home of SGW its been slow, seems most everyone is still hanging out at the old site.

Anyone been out shooting? I shot some skeet this past weekend and look to heading to the Willows in Tunica this upcoming weekend to shoot some sporting clays.

John's been posting links to the Beretta Teknys, that is one fine looking shotgun, rumours are that the gun will be made more available in the US in the future.......not a good thing, as the gun safe has plenty of room in it still :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the wind was none too kind at the Willows this area of MS is just about 15miles south of Memphis and this was due south west of the area that had the tornados with the fatalities in Jackson, TN. The wind was in the 20-30mph range and caused targets to drop way too soon on some stands, others to fly like their butts were on fire, and some to just dance all over the flight path. I was trying a new fit on the stock and still managed to shoot a 75.

There is a tower shot that was identical to the one that Gill Ash worked with us on and I dusted that whole series, then swapped to the other side for incoming towers and that was just like incoming ducks to the decoys....more orange dust!

I still have not been able to shoot the duck flurry as it requires 3 people. You have a 5-stand style set up with 3 folks facing over a pond with multiple traps set. 75 targets are released in under 3 minutes. Looks like a blast!!! Here a mistake is made with folks wanting to use pumps and autos with high capactiy mags, but an o/u is a better choice as 2 in and 2 out. The problem comes with the downtime as you have to cram 3-5 shells to load your mag on an auto/pump, I think you could load a couple of shells and keep up if you practiced a bit first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.