Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have always had best luck with Federal, it patterns best with turkey shells, slugs group the best, and I love the smell of their shells when you shoot them.

Anyway, I never hear much about Federal, mostly win. and rem. is this because most Federal ammo seems to be a little more expensive??? (at least it is where I buy it.)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I do a lot of rabbit hunting and all I use is winchester super x high brass shells. I have never had any problems with them and they have great knock down power.

I bought some remington .22 shells not to long ago and I would have at least two misfire out of every fifteen rounds. This got very aggervating. After that I bought some federals, shot a box of 550 rounds and didn't have a problem out of any of them. I have also used winchester .22 shells and had no problem.

I like remington's guns the best, but I would have to go with winchester on ammunition.

G

·
Rems are my first choice. Followed by Win. I had so many problems with Federal that I refuse to buy or use it.

I reciently got some Estate shells that work pretty good although someone here thought they were made by Federal.

I also have some PMC's that seem to be pretty good.

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
Old style Win AA is my favorite but Remington STS' are replacing them. I also really like the Federal target loads and use them as my primary round when shooting local competition. At major shoots I use 32 gram B&P Competition 2000. They are too expensive to use everyday but they are what I have the most confidence in.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Federal Gold Medal Papers, are the best. They smell so goood LOL, well thats my obsession with shells.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The way I understand it, any given shotgun will pattern slightly differently from sny other one at the range. Before you pick, buy a box of each and check 'em on paper.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
if i had to choose from the "big 3", in 12 ga., i would shoot the fed gold medal, plastic one ounce, 7 1/2. my favorite factory load is the gamebore one ounce, 7 1/2. the best loading hull now is the sts rem., but i like the g.m, because it tends to produce lower pressure when reloaded. actually i almost never use factory ammo. kent target ammo is great, a sister company of gamebore.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I like federal the best but it's the most expensive. I have used all three but I guess I find myself buying more of the winchester then the others based on price and vaule.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Free ammo is my preference--Remington, Winchester, Federal, PMC, RIO all are fine when free :wink:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I use winchester. Always workes in my gun.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.