Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to treat myself to a relatively nice 20 gauge o/u for my 45th birthday. Never owned one before. I use a Benelli SBEIII for waterfowl. Wanting to spend $2,000-3,000. I will use the gun mostly for shooting clays (just for fun, not competition), dove hunting, and the occasional pheasant trip. I want something that looks good but isn't so fancy that I'd hesitate to take it to the field. Reliability, easy to maintain, and recoil are also issues to consider. I think I've narrowed it down to Beretta Silver Pigeon IV, Weatherby Orion D"Italia III, and Browning Cynergy Classic field. Thoughts, opinions?

·
Registered
244 Posts
As I think you will find from most people, all three of those are excellent guns that will serve your purposes just fine. I've shot all three and they all are fine guns. None of these guns will let you down. I say you should shoot all three and see which one you like the most. Have fun picking out a new gun! :) :D

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Get the one that fits you best. All are very good choices. You might also look at the Browning Citori line for one in your price range too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in Missouri. Thanks for the advice. Just checked out their website and they have beautiful guns. I never checked them out because I assumed they would be out of my range, but it seems like good quality for the money. How's their service and parts availability?

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
From everything I've heard, very good. I'd take a Guerini over any of the guns on your list any day, for a couple of reasons. Most anything you are going to get at that price range is going to be good stuff. I think the CGs have a very good build quality, they have a good reputation for service and they are eager to please the consumer (recognizing that it's in their best interest to build their customer base), and not so many folks have them. I like being a little different, all other things (performance and such) being equal.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
jml1209,

I've had a couple of Guerini Sporters and have been exposed to many of them because I live where they are headquartered. Their customer service is probably the best in the firearms industry. Any part is available immediatly, yet I never heard of one needing a part. They are not discounted much, availability is excellent and they make enough models to suit most needs. In a 20ga, I would buy one with at least 30" bbls. Mine were 32" guns in 20ga and 28ga.

·
Registered
17,973 Posts
If I were looking in that range, I'd be looking at CG, Browning, and Beretta. All reliable, all well-respected. Each has their quicks and intricacies and you'll have to come to terms with them. I like them all and would probably choose based on the individual gun and how hot the money in my pocket was at the time.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
MRPOWER said:
I like being a little different, all other things (performance and such) being equal.
Agreed. Everyone has B guns. A nice CG is a cool talking piece.

Also, if it is worth the drive, the Indiana (or Indianapolis) Gun Club outside of Indianapolis has an AMAZING gun shop and has many higher-end guns available and they will let you shoot about any gun there. And I mean hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of guns all laid out for fondling and shouldering. It is a special place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.