Browning Gold1515.96%
Winchester Super X266.38%
Remington 11-87/11002425.53%
Beretta AL391/Xtrema3436.17%
Benelli M1 Super 90/SBE1515.96%

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am not qualified to answer this because I have not tried them all. I will say however that I bought my wife the Remington 1100 sporting 28 and liked it enough to buy myself the 1100 sporting 12. The mail is a bit slow, but I should have it within 72 hours. I was primarily a handgunner, rifle plinker but the clay busting has me turned on. Just beginning and learning, Thomas

·
Registered
354 Posts
Winchester Super X-1, not the "X2".

Yeah, they don't make them any more, but more's the pity. Probably the best gas semi auto ever made. Less than $500 used if you can find them. Lots of aftermarket parts still available (though no shell catchers/deflectors worth buying, that I've found).

-- Sam

·
Registered
187 Posts
Canope said:
I am not qualified to answer this because I have not tried them all. I will say however that I bought my wife the Remington 1100 sporting 28 and liked it enough to buy myself the 1100 sporting 12. The mail is a bit slow, but I should have it within 72 hours. I was primarily a handgunner, rifle plinker but the clay busting has me turned on. Just beginning and learning, Thomas
Same boat here as far as the Remington goes and just starting to bust clays - 1100 Sporting 12. Sure is flexible and ready to go for all clay sports, and its size fit me to a tee - I love it!

G

·
It would have to be I feel the Winchester Super X 1 .They were and are way ahead of thier time. Shoot ,handle, like a dream, over all performance , quality , Superior . Some of Them can be a little fussy , but worth the little trouble they may give you. If you ever get a chance try one, you'll see. [/b] :shock:

G

·
People please !!!!
There is nothing that can compare to the Benelli SBE, M1, MONTI, and on and on Why do you think Beretta bought the company!!!

G

·
I own a Benelli, Beretta, Browning and a Remington. They are all great guns and I believe that its all in how the gun feels with you holding/shooting it. :lol:

·
Registered
328 Posts
jon said:
People please !!!!
There is nothing that can compare to the Benelli SBE, M1, MONTI, and on and on Why do you think Beretta bought the company!!!
Consequently, it must follow that since Daimler-Benz bought Chrysler Corporation, the Chrysler products are superior to the products of Daimler-Benz?

Mike

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Consequently, it must follow that since Daimler-Benz bought Chrysler Corporation, the Chrysler products are superior to the products of Daimler-Benz?
Well DUH!!!! like them Benz's can hold a candle to the Chrysler Neons in luxury. :lol:

G

·
I have a Remington LT-20 that I like for early season pheasants and grouse. A good semi auto for the money is
a Mossberg 9200. Mine is more reliable in cold weather that the Beretta I had, much lighter than a Remington 11-87 and shoots any 2 3/4 or three inch you put in it without any adjustments.
It points about the same as a Remington which too me is very good. I also shoot a 20 sxs, and a 12 overunder. I like them all
in specific situations. The one gun I have that will do it all is the 9200.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The only way I could vote is if you added Browning A-5 to your list. An A-5 is all that I have shot for the last several years and I think they are the best. Once you get use to the hump, you don't want to shoot without it.

G

·
soreshoulder said:
jon said:
People please !!!!

Mike
:roll:

Hmmm, correction! Its Daimler-Chrysler that bought Benz. And yes they did buy Benz to improve their name/division. So yes, in analogy - Beretta was obv. impressed w. Benelli. And although I do own a Remington 870. I am open-minded to buy non-American shotguns like the Benelli. They put a lot of cutting edge effort in their products. The Super Black Eagle is an exc. piece of work and for them to get a huge contract w. the Marines for military use shotguns mean they are serving our country too. Be an openminded and smart consumer, not a bias one.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Kendall Hmmm said:
Are you sure? "Benz" is a brand name of the then Daimler-Benz Company, which became Daimler-Chrysler in May of 1998.

Check out this link which describes the merger of Daimler-Benz (the manufacturer of the Mercedes line of motor cars) and Chrysler Corp.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/business ... z_5-7.html

My original point was that a company that makes what is recognized as a superior product (ala Beretta) purchases a company that makes popular vehicles including the Jeep line of off-road vehicles (ala Benelli). This was to challenge the assertion that since Beretta bought Benelli, it must logically follow that Benelli must in some way be superior to Beretta.

This argument doesn't prove that Benelli's line of shotguns are any better than Beretta's. In point of fact, it would be more accurate to say that the lines are different and complementary, offering shooters with different needs different options.

I'm beginning to regret the use of this analogy... :(

Mike

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree with Mike. The 2 italian B - guns are just different. Both exceptional shotguns and both superior to the browning and remington in my opinion. I say that having owned an 1100,
11-87 , Gold Fusion, SBE , Mont.-1 and recently the 391.

Benelli's are great if you can deal with the added recoil of the inertia system. If you can deal with that aspect they are certainly cutting edge and cleaning them is a joy because of that.

Personally, my favorite though is the 391. It just feels the best to me. There is a reason why you see so many of them, especially tricked out ones, at any sporting clays event.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.