Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shooters,

I'm interested in a 12 gauge semi-auto shotgun that shoots 3" to 3 1/2" shells. I need something that's going to allow long range shots and I was wondering what is the best gun to get? Guy's on the club all sugessed different guns. Some say the Mossberg 935, some say the Browning Gold Stalker and some say Remington's 11-87 or Winchester SX2. How do I choose??
What's the best???

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Everybody on here will say their gun is the best also.

Just start looking an trying guns for size, fit, affordability, what features you want, pick one you like an come back an ask about that one gun.

You will probably get better answer's to your question then.

There is no such thing a "the best gun". Everybody will have a different opinion of the best gun. :D

Oh an, welcome to SGW. :)

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I doubt that anyone can say other than their opinion which is "best". I have had several Remingtons and Brownings and prefer them to all others,,, see,, another "opinion" Go with all the gun you can afford, one that fits and the one that gives you the goodies you want. Good luck too

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Looks like you got some pretty good advice from EyeMissum. I'll list out a few good models that I like though. Benelli SBE I and II, Beretta A391 Xtrema I and II, Franchi 912, Browning Gold 3 1/2", and Winchester SX2 3 1/2". All of these models are well made, reliable, and have a lot of features. Even though they are all 3 1/2" models, many of them feel different from each other. Just by holding these models with different barrel lengths should have you whittling down models.
I like 3 1/2" models for waterfowling and turkey hunting. For all around use a 3" gun is usually a better choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts