Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to buy a new shotgun and have 3 candidates that are in my price range. I need your opinion on which is the better gun, and best gun for the money

#1 Beretta 391 Teknys 26" barrel with 5 choke tubes, shim kit for the stock, wood "extra" stock, regular vent rib, like new in the case (but used). $749.00

#2 Beretta 391 Urika Sport? (with a silver streak through a blue reciever) 30" barrel with 5 chokes, wood stock, regular vent rib, like new in the case
$775.00

#3 Winchester Super X2 Sport. Wood Stock, 3 choke tubes, elevated vent rib. Exellent condition but Used a little $499.00

I do a lot of sporting clays, with a little dove and crow hunting. Right now I'm swinging a rem. 870 with a 28" barrel so anything would be an improvement.
Your comments would be greatly appreciated
Thank, Bryan Henderson

·
Premium Member
19,864 Posts
Since you will be shooting a lot of sporting clays, I would eliminate the Beretta with the 26" barrel.

The best buy for the money in the guns you listed is the Win SX2 at $499 although you didn't give the barrel length.

The best of the bunch for YOUR uses would be the Urika Sporting Clays with 30" barrel. However, at $775, that price is very close to the price of a new Urika field model which is very similar to the sporting clays version, but if you want the sporting clays version, this one would be the one to buy.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Aside from the bling-bling, the two Berettas are functionally identical - a 391 is a 391 is a 391. The 391, in all its forms, is a very popular gun... that should tell us something.

The Super X2 is a lot less money, but is not a commonly seen gun... don't know why, because it's a kissin' cousin to the Browning Gold when it comes to the guts - the same holding company owns both Browning and Winchester, and the designs of the two guns are fundamentally the same.

Don't know if this helps or not... just an observation on what you see at all the ranges, and in all the sports.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I'd go with the beretta urika sport on this one just because I like longer barrels but either one of the beretta's would be a great gun.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think your fine with an 870 Wingmaster! If you shoot the gun well, buy an 11-87 or and 1100 if your looking for a semi. I'll bet your Wingmaster never gave you any major problems! just my 2cents! GOOD LUCK IN WHATEVER DECISION YOU MAKE!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I picked up the Beretta 391 Urika Sporting Gold. It was just so light and smooth compared to my 870. I figure my 870 will still see use though, busting crows in rough country.

Thanks for your insight.
Bryan

·
Premium Member
19,864 Posts
Congrats on your new gun. :lol: Thanks for reporting back on which one you selected. Let us know how you like it after you have run a few hundred rounds through it. Keep it well lubed with Breakfree CLP and it should do great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts